Windshield Leaks

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too share your pain. My 1996 GTS leaks from the same spot. Brought to my Dodge dealer (under warranty) and as John states, they subbed it out.

Have been waiting 6 weeks for a spare windshield to arrive (they will not attempt the repair unless one is available as they said there is a 50% breakage rate during removal) and there is no still no ETA. Seems the windshield is on national backorder. I find this difficult to believe but haven't found an option yet...

Open to suggestions!

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off I own a 2000 GTS. Got caught out in a rain storm and found out the windshild leaks right above the rear view mirror. Is this common and is there a TSB on this?

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 ACR leaks in the same place! Right behind the rear view. I haven't done anything about it yet because I don't see much rain here in Houston. When it does rain the Viper is safely tucked away in the garage. I notice it more when I wash the car. I have to go easy on the water around that area. I figured I'd get it fixed some day. It would seem you could just shoot some silicone in there rather than pull the windshield....

Jeff

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 GTS was making so much wind noise from the top of the windshield that I tooked out the rubber molding and the A pillar covers to find out what was the problem.
Well, the windshied hasd a bead of urethane at the bottom,NONE on both side and ONLY 2 one inch strip at the top.
It is a safety defect under FMVSS 212 and yed, dealer sub-contract this job.
I had the subcontractor do the job at my place under my eyes.