Wonderful first few hundred miles

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I have just under 400 miles on my new SRT. It felt awkard at first and I did not have the feel for it. Everytime I drove it it got better and I got more comfortable. I now climb in it and it almost feels part of me. I have not driven it hard since it is new, but I have run it to 4K and hit some curves I run with some of my other cars. I can tell that at 4K it is just starting to come on.

I drive some pretty fast cars - but I have to say this is the premier example of American power and control I have ever driven. I have read some of the articles about how harsh it is - they obviously don't know what a race car feels like! To me it is a perfect example of SMOOOOTH power.

I have already bought the oil and filter for the first oil change - will do it at 500 miles. I figure driving it another 500 before I let her loose - if it is like any of my other rods the experience between 4K and 6k will be worth the wait!!!

Just had to pass it on :2tu:

Bruce

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. I can remember the first few miles just as well as I could remember the last drive in my car which ironically has been a while. I got to get back in it! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new car. I still LOVE your color combo! Great choice!!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow congrats on the Viper!

any pics?

It is truly a great color combo:

Viper_day_one_001.jpg

Viper_11-24_006.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members