Woodhouse and Viper Days in Iowa...

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows if Woodhouse was having the "new-guy" special like they had in 2003...Where they ponied up the entry fee for the first 20 first-timers...I know it was probably a one-year deal, but hey, I would try and get new people (and get myself out there too)...all..the...way...from...Virginia Beach!

Dr. Bob? Dr. Bill?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to go back and hook up with Bill. Where in Iowa and what exactly goes on. While I'm there I might as well get the snake its service checkup.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows if Woodhouse was having the "new-guy" special like they had in 2003...Where they ponied up the entry fee for the first 20 first-timers...I know it was probably a one-year deal, but hey, I would try and get new people (and get myself out there too)...all..the...way...from...Virginia Beach!

Dr. Bob? Dr. Bill?

That was for drivers who never before did a Viperdays event. I recall you have been to the VIR event.

OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would try and recruit newbies from this area, or from Nebraska, since I grew up there. I know I have been "disqualified" based on last years offering.

Anyone on here driven Mid America? I know its flat (has to be, its IOWA) but I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the course...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the last one that should comment on tracks. I like them all. One of the good things about Mid America is it has few walls. Another good thing is Midwestern folks are the most down-to-Earth folks you'll ever know.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid America was the first track I was on in my life. I took advantage of Bob's generousity last summer. My SRT10 was the first to appear at Viper Days, I was hooked for life. As far as the track is concerned it is a very safe track the only real place you can get hurt is the turn where you enter the pits(#-?), and the instructor puts you into that turn in such a way that you really can't hurt anything. That is as long as you follow the prescribed line. If you take a different line and something goes wrong you could hit the wall. But I was a rookie so I may not be the best to comment, but as a rookie I never felt like I was in danage of hitting anything. Youd'd have to ask my instructor of Skip Thomas. He rode with me for a couple laps and helped me get 4-5 seconds off my lap times. The track is very flat and open. I will be back at Mid-America in May.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some input. Just won a 1/2 off coupon for viper days of my choosing this coming summer, which one should I try to attend? What do I need for me or my car? I have a 94 RT/10.

thanks everyone,

Mitch

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitch, any ViperDays is good. Pick whichever event fits your convenience.

94? Not the original tires I hope. Fresh fluids (especially brake), fresh pads - stock, PFC or Brakemans. Helmet, long sleeve shirt, long pants, close toe shoes. You may need a hardtop.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck, I kinda figured ya would chime in here!!!! :D will be new set of Kuhmos in spring, the only thing not sure of is hard-top. Fresh fluids. prolly try Iowa, closest I think. What about belts? Need 5-point or are stockers good???
thanks again, Mitch

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might wanna rethink the Kuhmos. ViperDays is sponsored by Michelin and therefore the only tire allowed. You may be able to run with Kuhmos but you will be disqualified for any points awarded. Too bad, I was really sweatin' ya. :)

Check everything. Belts too. That serpentine is pretty stout but if it has never been changed it's not expensive to replace. Bring one along as a spare. Call Tator.

The stock belts are fine but if you were going the 5 point route anyway, then you might as well install them before the event. I like Simpson.

Flush out the power steering fluid and tighten the cap. I use a pipe wrench and turn it about 3/4 turn past hand tight. It will come loose if you don't keep it tight.

See you at Iowa.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitch,

Looking forward to seeing you in Iowa. Check out the points matrix and rules section for the Michelin Challenge Series at www.viperdays.com . If you have any specific questions regarding equipment, Skip or Tom Sessions can help you. Courtney takes care of the registration and about much more.

See you in a few months.

Newt

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I forgot about the tire rule,,,,, crap!!!!
More money,,, wifes gonna be pissed!!! LOL
Do I really wanna do this????? I heard it's addicting, am I gettin' myself in trouble here????
Thanks again guy.............. off to the parts section. :D

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself, it is addictive. Let me say that again, IT IS ADDICTIVE. That being said, start looking around your house for what you can sell to raise cash for your modifications. Wedding rings, family heirlooms, great grandfathers rifle, wife's hope chest,.......

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are too much. I'll rephrase it in pc language, "your life partner's, pre-civil union, forward looking, storage container."

There, that ought to be worth an aluminum flywheel at the "bare" minimum.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont sell your wifes chest!

how much ya think I could get???????

I really got "the look" when she read that one!!!!!!! LOL
alas,,,, that's what I feared,,, be sellin' all my worldly possessions!!!!
wife has a mint 68 Road Runner,,, what ya give me for that???? :eek: :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21