Woodward Dream Cruise - HELP!!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Kind of last second, but I'll be arriving in Detroit tomorrow around noon. I want to check out the dream cruise all day, and don't have a clue. Where is the best place to sit and just check out the event? Or at least a cool place to begin? We've got our lawn chairs :smirk:. I'm not driving in the Viper, so I have no interest in showing any car. Just want to get the most 'bang for my buck' while at the event. Any help would be appreciated.

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
13 Mile and Woodward is the heart of the cruise.....also where Dodge displays.
The cruise goes both North and South for miles. There is really no bad place to watch.
Parking is the trick of course but you will find something on a side street.

You are in for a real treat...It will blow your mind just how big this event is.

Take care,

Zach

OP
OP
O

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS for the quick response!!! Extremely pumped!!! Based on your advice, it looks like there is a shopping center at 13 mile and Woodward - Northwood Shopping Center. Once we find side parking, we'll make that our home location.

:beer:

Any other advice on kick-asp places to eat (not fancy) + a beer or two, etc...

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a good Irish bar in that shopping mall at 13 mile and Woodward, I can't remember the name and usually a good Mopar display in the parking lot. Tip: come across at 13 mile or any of the "mile roads", you'll get threr faster cause Woodward is a parking lot of classic cars. It took a buddy of mine 1 1/2 hr to go from 12 mile to 15 mile last night, two nights before the "event". Just park your car where ever you can and walk a couple blocks over to Woddwardif you have to. Bring some chairs and enjoy.

Lemon_Twist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another quick parking tip. Parking is at a real premium around 13 mile. I would look for side street parking at around 14 mile rd or so and then walk back a bit. If you arrive before 7 am, you'll even score a decent sidestreet spot near Woodward.

Duggan's Irish Pub is the Irish restaurant near 13 1/2 that the others speak of. Highly recommended! Yum!

Rod

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dang i would have helped out if i saw this in time. I was parked at 13 and a half mile. We were sitting in the building with the a/c on full blast drinking coronas...everybody that walked by was sweating balls and not too happy with us.

You must be registered for see images

i'm not bringing my car to events like this anymore, i dont like all the random people around it. Some guy leaned on my car and his wife took a picture and I yelled over to him "HEY I don't touch your woman, so dont touch my car!" It pissed me off.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce and I walked by your car sometime around Noon. Did not see you, but then we did not look inside. Hey and I did not touch it either!

OP
OP
O

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Cool event and worth the 4 hour drive. Darkostoj, saw your Viper. Very nice. I also have a Gen II Silver, but with blue stripes. We walked from 13th mile to Birmingham (guessing about 2-3 miles), then back up the other side. Only saw about 3 Gen II coupes, yours + red one + blue-white. Probably saw about 7 Gen III's (including a nice White Mamba) and 4 Gen IV's (2 verts (yellow + orange) + 2 ACR's (red/black and black/black)). We were there from noon to close (9:00 PM). Considering the amount of cars, the Vipers were EXTREMELY rare + cool to see. For those that don't know nor ever went to the Woodward Cruise, you see hundreds of most makes over and over and over...... Makes you realize how special the Viper is....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960