Wooohooo---Vipers take 3 of the top 10 Positions at Infineon!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure, but good chance Tommy Archer is back in the lead for the Championship, or at least a very,very close second. Tommy snared the bronze trophy for another podium placement, and fast Viper Qualifier , Mike McCann finished close behind in 4th. Hard Luck Woodhouse ,who has had a bumper car Season , getting punted on more than one occassion, came roaring back from a 13th spot start to grab a solid 6th place finish and his second top 10 in his days of running the World Challenge Series. More and more often, the armchair racers are glowing with pride , as it is extremely cool to see two Viper Days Alumnus up there racing with the true Pros , and having strong showings - kudos go to Mike McCann and Bobby Woodhouse!!! :2tu:

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure, but good chance Tommy Archer is back in the lead for the Championship, or at least a very,very close second. Tommy snared the bronze trophy for another podium placement, and fast Viper Qualifier , Mike McCann finished close behind in 4th. Hard Luck Woodhouse ,who has had a bumper car Season , getting punted on more than one occassion, came roaring back from a 13th spot start to grab a solid 6th place finish and his second top 10 in his days of running the World Challenge Series. More and more often, the armchair racers are glowing with pride , as it is extremely cool to see two Viper Days Alumnus up there racing with the true Pros , and having strong showings - kudos go to Mike McCann and Bobby Woodhouse!!! :2tu:

Nice! Is this on speed channel bill?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad ***** stuck it out and stayed in the game, its nice to see him do well. A gentleman driver in the finest tradition.

Congrats to Archer and McCann!

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe its on Speed tomorrow (Sunday the 17th) at 1:30 eastern.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe its on Speed tomorrow (Sunday the 17th) at 1:30 eastern.

ahhh...well thanks for the heads up! At least someone answers my question :laugh:

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Bob Woodhouse for his 6th place finish at Infineon. Just watched it on Speed channel.

Nice, clean, trouble-free race.
Keep it up!

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news on Tommy's trouble with the SCCA. He was on a two race probation after the Ohio turn 1 bump and run. The Speed TV guys thought the SCCA might look into the Cadillac punt at Infineon (Sears Point). I hope he does not loose any points!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sure looked to me like the Caddy cut in front of him at this race (Infineon). I have no idea why the commentators kept dumping on Archer as they reran the tape over and over. Maybe some serious racers can comment. Archer was on the inside deep into the corner and the caddy cuts right back into him, way late for the cad to go to the inside, what is Archer supposed to do.... give way when he has the inside?

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Archer had 5 points taken away (he now trails Pilgrim by 9) and was fined $3000.
His probation was also extended for 2 more races.

It didn't look to me like Archer legitimately had the corner... he was on the inside but still trailing Papis.

JGarrett

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From the press release
"By finishing third, Archer would have closed the gap slightly on current Drivers Championship leader Andy Pilgrim, of Del Ray Beach, Fla., who wound up a season-low eighth in the No. 8 XM/Mobil 1/Motorola/Bose Cadillac CTS-V after fading toward the end of the race. However, an early race incident between Archer and the Max Papis-driven Cadillac CTS-V meant a violation of Archer’s two-race probation for a Cleveland incident.

For his part, Archer was penalized five points, $3000 and had his probation extended two additional races. With the penalty, Pilgrim leads Archer by nine points (163-154) with Liddell third, with 151. Henzler (127) and Papis, of Miami, Fla. (126), are fourth and fifth, respectively."

Cheers,
Jim

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Congrats to the Vipers. I'd have to say Tommy was at fault going too deep on Max in the corner. On another note, interesting news about Infineon. The COO has resigned(got fired) due to investigation regarding motorsports sponsorship contracts. Apparantly he was getting kick backs and did not pay taxes. Infineon has stated that they are suspending their sponsorship of motorsports programs. Wonder if that will affect their track ownership. Loooks like the Germans have their corporate scumballs too. Maybe von cheating scumball will get 25 years like Bernie. Look out Ken Lay you're up next...a$$hole! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery