Worlds Best Driver?

mattsmusic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys have seen this video but I'm pretty sure the driver has got to be one of the best out there!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of the Ken Block videos are great...

I really like the ride along video... oh the look of horror :omg:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3obxPwn6QE[/media]

supraking85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you say worlds ebst driver, but these are all set up and practiced, and probably not shot in one take.
he isnt doing too well in the wrc

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incredible video , some of the stunts look like fun . But I would have to agree that its not done all in one sequence .

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some good screaming in that second one. Love seeing a pretty girl screaming in ecstacy... :)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot of good interior, driving shots

anyone know anything about the car :dunno:

i thought he drove subaru's

also looks like a 6 speed in that ford :omg:

thanks for posting the vid

:drive:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you say worlds ebst driver, but these are all set up and practiced, and probably not shot in one take.
he isnt doing too well in the wrc

Um thats pretty obvious as you can plainly see the skid marks and circles from prior runs on the ground before this was even shot. Anyone would need to practice this. Dont know why that disqualifies Ken Block as being one of the best car control guys around. Put Schumacher or Hamilton in that car and it will take them more than one try to do it right too. The guy is a great driver period. All the drivers in FIA, Le Mans, F1, Nascar, SCCA racing associations etc all have practice sessions and they are some of the best drivers in the world and their type of driving is nothing like this. So why the knock on Block having to practice?

Every forum Ive seen where Ken Block is brought up there is always some that have to point out he isnt THAT good because of blah this and blah that. Lots of great drivers didnt do well in some racing venues like Montoya in F1, Perry[Stig] in F1, Block in WRC and Danica Patrick in.....um.....everything:lmao:Aight the last one was obviously a joke but you get what Im saying. Give credit where credit is due. Dude is one of the best at this if not the best. Havent seen anyone else step up and do better so far. Not really getting at you specifically Supraking its just I always see guys knocking him down for no logical reason.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually favor an older gentleman Russ Swift for driving accuracy and control, he did the stunt work for The Italian Job, I got a chance to see him in Gaydon, England.

Lots of good videos on Youtube of Russ in action.. Still enjoy watching Ken Block videos.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, great vids!!!! One take or 20 takes, that does not take away from that mans driving skills. Awesome, just plain awesome!!!!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken Block has been competing in WRC this year and has been getting schooled by the absolute Master - Sebastien Loeb. Loeb has won the WRC many times, along with the ROC multiple times.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken Block has been competing in WRC this year and has been getting schooled by the absolute Master - Sebastien Loeb. Loeb has won the WRC many times, along with the ROC multiple times.

Hollywood style footage, take after take with the obvious trial evidence of tire marks, seeking the best shot and wrapping it up in a sequence with the drama of a high hp tire roasting car.. what's there not to like.. I still like Russ Swift for the showmanship and precision driving stunts.

WRC... big fan of the drivers, especially the Finnish ones since that's my roots.... Loeb from France has the best record to date, can't argue with that, probably one of the best drivers in the the world. WRC drivers are a wild breed, very talented and a little nuts... and many of them can surely rip a good clip of tire burning action. Ken Block's videos are surely a bit exciting for many in North America, WRC is not so popular here, but I'd look forward to WRC coming to NA. :2tu:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the 2009 SEMA show, it was almost impossible to get close enough to Ken when he was at the Subaru booth for a picture...very popular guy with the 20 something crowd.

I guess we know where Mr. Block stands on politics....the "Obama can't Gymkhana" sticker on the Segway was priceless ;)

Obviously Ken can drive and I do appreciate the high quality video and photography they put into the projects....wish more would do this type of car entertainment for us.

Cheers,
George

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think drifting is really high on my list of "best driving" skills. I admit it takes skill, but I don't know when I'd be rich enough to afford a few sets of tires to burn off in an afternoon.

... but if someone sponsores me - that definitely looks like fun.

Last set of tires cost me almost $2,400 once they got installed on my car.
:)
Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang