Would you guys buy this Viper?

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LoL. Easy fixer is BS. BTW, Nova Scotia has barely had any snow this year, you've probably got more than us.

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's understood "easy fix" is ALWAYS BS. Same with easy resto. They're expecting 10-12 ft in the mountains and 2-3' on the valley floors on top of the 2' we already have. Probably'll kill the snow blower this year. AT

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually he says "I WAS TOLD BY MY BUYER THAT THIS CAR WAS STARTED AT THE SALE" *** is that?

I've talked to these jokers before. I wouldn't go over the $12k its already at.

Look at 3 of his last 5 feedbacks were negative...

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THIS MAN! IT WILL COST YOU THOUSANDS.
Buyer giant148 ( 2 ) Jun-08-04 07:23 2462112877

wanted car listed @64Kmi.Autocheck showed 120K+.Glad I did not buy!! Fraud!!!!!!
Buyer bubba12312 ( 0 ) May-10-04 15:27 2472289221

Listed "excellent condt."Arrived far from it, with parts missing.He won't help.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I WAS TOLD BY MY BUYER THAT THIS CAR WAS STARTED AT THE SALE"

Why would anyone go to the trouble of trying to sell this thing without starting the engine and running it?

Any statement about the engine's condition other than "runs great no problem with engine",
means that the engine doesn't run.

Just look at the hood.
They say it will fix?
Are all the pieces there?

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He says "THE HOOD ON THIS CAR WILL REPAIR." Isn't there a big chuck totally missing from it? No way this hood can be fixed, and we all know how much a hood costs. Someoes getting screwed here.

Bill

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both the hood and rear fender would need to be replaced, but trunk might be fixable. The frame is likely bent, possibly the front suspension as well, and the rear tub is likely shattered inside too.
Viper parts cost a fortune, even used. :(

Figure $20K-$30K+ to fix it properly. I would not get anywhere near it. :eek:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy it to fix it, I would buy it to sell the parts. There is a lot of money to be made there. Hmmmmm.....I should put a bid in on it.

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy it to fix it, I would buy it to sell the parts. There is a lot of money to be made there. Hmmmmm.....I should put a bid in on it.

Assuming the engine works, I guess so.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just keep in mind, if you out bid everyone else on Ebay, you are paying more than ALL the professional re builders and part out guys who are also looking at the car.

What are the chances that you made a good deal?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe117, I said put a bid in and I never said how much I would bid. Right now it is at $20,100 which is to steep for me. Be interesting to see what it goes for.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I never said how much I would bid."

I know, it doesn't matter how much you bid.

If you out bid everyone else on Ebay, you are paying more than ALL the professional re builders and part out guys who are also looking at the car.

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just keep in mind, if you out bid everyone else on Ebay, you are paying more than ALL the professional re builders and part out guys who are also looking at the car.

What are the chances that you made a good deal?

You would be surprised at what Vipers go for at the salvage auctions. They don't go cheap I can tell you that! (just ask Shelby3 vs. what he could have bought his car back from the insurance comapny!) Remember all these cars "bought to part out" are going to fix...yep...wrecked Vipers.....

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look,
I don't care if the car is bought by a professional to fix or to part out.

If you outbid him you are paying more than the professional thinks he can make by fixing it or parting it out.

And he does this for a living.

Every wreck on Ebay is seen by all the folks who know exactly what it's worth and what it will take to fix it or sell the parts.

Outbid them if you like but they know the truth and they are set up to fix the car or market the parts.

The fact that wrecked Vipers sell for a lot or a little isn't important.

I'm just saying that a non professional who outbids everyone else on a wrecked Viper, has paid too much.

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you outbid him you are paying more than the professional thinks he can make by fixing it or parting it out.

And he does this for a living.

The only thing I would add is that a "professional" isn't only deciding if he can make money if buys a wreck. He's deciding HOW MUCH money. Like everyone else in the business world he needs a certain amount of profit to make it worth his time to cover his overhead. Most professionals are not going to buy a car to fix or part out if they can only make a $1000. A $20,000+ investment is not worth tying up your money to make a grand. Better of buying a Ford Focus to part out.

In this case it looks to be a salvage rebuilder selling the car, so you are dealing with the middleman I agree, but many wrecks on Ebay are sold by the owners. If you outbid a professional by $100, you can still make money. Most of the professional Viper Part reseller's have to sit on parts along time to make good money. Look at the current auctions ongoing by Xscott2 on Ebay, he has had the same auctions for months because he has a set price for his parts. Most of us don't want to have so much money ******* in parts "waiting" for the right buyer.