Would you like to race???

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recieved this letter yesterday and thought some of you might be interested in participating. If you want more information E-mail me and I will forward the complete packet.

Mr. Tony Estes
Viper Club

Dear Mr. Estes:

Since 1994, the Neon Challenge Program has been a support race at the Grand Prix of Detroit. The marketing emphasis of the race has changed over the years but there has been one consistent element, the people producing the race. These same people make up the organization of SpeedWorks Event Services, a division of Event Solutions International. Because of your past support and participation we are asking for your continued support.

Just a few short weeks ago, we received approval to proceed with the next evolution of the Neon Challenge Program. This new and exciting program is entitled the Celebrity Team Challenge (CTC). Our goal is to team up members of the corporate community, media and civic leaders with national and local personalities to race for a cause that we have all embraced, the kids! We are continuing with a tradition that was started back in 1997 and will race to raise funds for the Detroit Police Athletic League (PAL). This is your invitation to once again participate in this lifetime experience and to once again join the family of Neon friends at the Grand Prix of Detroit.

The Tenneco Automotive Grand Prix will be held the weekend of June 15-17, 2001. We will be racing on the CART FedEx Championship Series racecourse, the same course driven by the internationally recognized drivers from the Champ Car series. We will be on Belle Isle, in Detroit, Michigan and Professional Sports Car Racing, Inc. will be our sanctioning organization and Skip Barber Racing School will provide you with customized and personal instruction.

In addition to supporting PAL, which we have done for the past three years, the Celebrity Team Challenge is also teaming up with other Detroit community organizations to support the Detroit300, a celebration of Detroit’s Tricentennial. We have been recognized as one of the notable events on the year long schedule. Coincidentally, 2001 also happens to be the 20-year anniversary of the Grand Prix of Detroit and represents another historical accomplishment that we will all be a part of.

SpeedWorks will produce the second annual Dinner and Auction on Friday, June 15, 2001 with all proceeds going directly to PAL. This year the event will be at Detroit’s famous Roostertail located on the Detroit River. Tickets will be provided for you and one guest to attend. Additional tickets will be available for you to purchase.

Enclosed you will find an information sheet that will outline all of the specifics for your participation in the Celebrity Team Challenge. You will also find the traditional Reservation Form that we are requesting you complete and return to me via fax at 248/577-3704. Reservations will be accepted on a first come basis, so be sure to get your reservation sent in by May 24, 2001.

Thank you in advance for your support of the Celebrity Team Challenge. If you have any questions, please contact me at 248/577-3700 or via email at [email protected]. We look forward to working with you again in 2001.

Sincerely,

Renee’ L. Taylor
President

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4