WTb OEM 5 spoke wheels and tires

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have some ready to go in about 2-3 weeks. I recently picked up a very nice set of 5-spokes with original run flats to put on my car while I sent my originals cross country to Cal Chrome. Where are you located?

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine from a member on here for $1,600 ($1,750 shipped). Near Flawless, but I think I was pretty lucky! He even told me if I wasn't completly satisfied he would buy them back. Now that is what a VCA Member is all about. jmo

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you google fanboy, epic, or winning, chances are you will stumble upon an ADV thread, of which Dub.1 is a spin off catering to the luxury market with heavy forged wheels. Both wheels are cut by MHT, assembled by MHT, and marketed and designed by Jordan of previous 360 infamy. MHT is a quality company, and that is about where the kudos stop.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would buy the srt 5 spokes from jon b, and be done- they were made for your viper- and a ton cheaper- they may have you lookin dum on the offset,fug the whole deal up on ya these days

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But they're stock! I'll take an updated wheel/tire package in 19/20 sizes to sperate my car from the rest of the pack!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hate aftermarket wheels, they fuc everything up- they ****:rant2::hitwithrock:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only scary part about the whole situation is that you mentioned they have never done any before for a Viper. 20s can be problematic for rubbing the inner fender well if the car is lowered just a tiny bit , and hopefully they have something to really check out the offset. Be a bummer if you get your new rims and the tires rub the sides?

VPA had some 5 spokes also , as I checked just a week ago ------www.viperpartsofamerica.com

OP
OP
T

twinvipers1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only scary part about the whole situation is that you mentioned they have never done any before for a Viper. 20s can be problematic for rubbing the inner fender well if the car is lowered just a tiny bit , and hopefully they have something to really check out the offset. Be a bummer if you get your new rims and the tires rub the sides?

VPA had some 5 spokes also , as I checked just a week ago ------www.viperpartsofamerica.com

MHT has been around for a long time and am sure they will get it right. If they don't,they will fix it. Dealt with them before.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But they're stock! I'll take an updated wheel/tire package in 19/20 sizes to sperate my car from the rest of the pack!

Ryan, I don't sell wheels, but I do tend to know some companies that can turn a set around before a guy is **********. If you want a number, let me know.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Speaking of 19/20 wheels where the hell are your new wheels Ryan????:)

We're working on it, trying to get these damn Concaves to work with the Gen 3-4 is giving us fits.

Last edited:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That must be quite the lathe to machine dimensional concavity. I figured most of that was done by a CNC machine that routed concavity in to the centers, with reliefs and I-beams being cut on a fifth axis, and lathes were used to spin barrels. I would love to see that machine you speak of. It sounds unique.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Might have to finish Ryan's set by hand actually. Think we have it figured out though.

Last edited:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats some customer service there. Offering to send out a 3 piece set to hold the customer over till concaves are done. Heck while your at it shoot me a set out too to hold me over till the concaves are done then if I like the concave I'll order a set. :D

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

$1600 for 1 rear wheel:omg: They have some good deals but I don't think that's one of them.

I know I saw a complete set for sale on here somewhere for $2500.
Just saying.