You need to try this...

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at a car show this weekend and came across a vendor selling some "homemade" car care products. I have the CCW 505A wheels and I have tried every polish available to clean and "shine" them... after about $100 and 10 different polishes (I even spent about 20 mintues per wheel with a mothers power ball before leaving to go to this show)... NO LUCK! The wheels just seemed to always look dull and have lots of water spots... so bad I was thinking about getting them chromed or powdercoated.

So I ask the guy, "what do you have for polished aluminum wheels, etc" and he brings out this bottle of polish with a price of $18. I replied, "I have tried over 10 different things already... how do I know this is going to work any better?" He replies, "is your car here?" I said "yes" and he said, "take me to it"

When we get to the car he gives me a regular white cotton cloth towel... squirts out a very, very small amount of this polish and said "just rub it until it turns black". With little effort, and about 15 seconds later, the part of the rim I was polishing was completely black. He then says, "now get a clean part of the cloth and rub it off." Again with little effort, and about 5 seconds later, I wipe the black off of the rim and it looks as good, if not better than the day they originally arrived. It brought it to almost a chrome type shine.

Needless to say I WAS VERY HAPPY and purchased a bottle. He then showed me some show mist spray (like quick detailer) and engine cleaner that also worked better than anything I had every used...

This is definitely something you want to look in to getting... I am very happy with these products and I just wanted to spread the word :2tu:

item no. BAP016 is the Aluminum Polish
item no. SCM016 is the Show Car Mist
item no. MS128 is the Motor Shine

they also had a product there called X-Cite which will remove paint swirls... I was going to buy it, but they did not offer it in a small bottle yet so I am waiting

They can be ordered from their website which is:
http://www.flynndist.com/automotive.htm

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, I'm about to start a job as a detailer and maybe this will help me when needed.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks man i think i'll order some i also have the CCW 505's and i'm ALWAYS looking for a product that will make then look as nice as they did when they originally arrived. I normally use mothers and it works pretty well.
I'll try these out!

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever my CCW wheels look dull I give them a fresh coat of chrome from Calchrome. Only thing that keeps polished wheels shiny.

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JUCD VPR I know you will like the Aluminum Polish and I think you will be amazed by the Show Car Mist as well. I forgot to mention that the Show Car Mist is safe for all types of surfaces. The guy even cleaned my Oakley sunglasses with it.

It's by far the best stuff I've ever used... let me know how you like it.

LVB4UDI

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thx for the post, im all over this...i love these kind of post. I can never find anything worth using. thx again

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WARNING..WARNING! I was about to order some of the aluminum polish. They state in the description FOR UNCOATED ALUMINUM ONLY. That means if you have clear coat on the wheels it is gonna take it off. This stuff obviously has a strong abrasive in it and that's why it works so well. I'm 99% sure stock Viper wheels are clearcoated. I have no idea about the HRE's or other aftermarket wheels. I'm still gonna get some cause I have another car with bare aluminum wheels. Just make sure you know what you are putting it on.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WARNING..WARNING! I was about to order some of the aluminum polish. They state in the description FOR UNCOATED ALUMINUM ONLY. That means if you have clear coat on the wheels it is gonna take it off. This stuff obviously has a strong abrasive in it and that's why it works so well. I'm 99% sure stock Viper wheels are clearcoated. I have no idea about the HRE's or other aftermarket wheels. I'm still gonna get some cause I have another car with bare aluminum wheels. Just make sure you know what you are putting it on.

HRE's and CCW's are not clearcoated. I got tired of polishing mine and sent them out and got them chromed

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try a part of the wheel that's not visible (like the back of a spoke or similar) and see if it turns black, if so then it's not clearcoated. Clearcoated polished wheels can't be polished, just clean like normal painted/powdercoated wheels.

Rob

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You beat me to it, i was just going to say the same thing. For stock polished wheels best results IMHO would be ADAMS 3 step, Swirl/haze remover, then revive polish, then butter wax, then detail spray.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone tried their wax on their raw aluminum wheels after polishing them? I agree with Dan, it's hard (almost to the point of frustrating) to keep uncoated aluminum in tiptop shape especially when you like to "drive your car.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
A long time ago, I polished the coated aluminum wheels on my Vette, and f'd up the finish big time. Wore right through the thin coating. After that, I had to polish them constantly.

So like Lee says, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW IF YOUR WHEELS ARE COATED OR NOT, before using anything on them.

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FLX109 I will take some before/after pictures this afternoon and post them tomorrow morning.

Knight Viper I believe they also offer an Aluminum Wax & Sealer (item no. AWX016) to put on afterwards as well. I did not get it because it was so easy and quick to just use the polish.

I plan on placing an order for the X-Cite and I might get some of Wax & Sealer then as well.

Vic I understand what your saying and I am going to assume that the 505A's are uncoated. I love the style of the 505A's but I was to the point where "nothing could make them look any worse" if you know what I mean.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to protect it (bare aluminum) after polishing try Zoopseal. I've yet to use the kit i bought but it came highly recommended by the guys in the South Florida Hot Rod club. After I use it I'll post the results.

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
finally got a chance to take a quick before/after picture for those of you who were asking...

You must be registered for see images

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered it also , shipping is a bit high for a bottle of polish........
I stopped in the middle of the ordering process when I noticed that it would cost $22.00 to send a $18.00 bottle of polish.

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I heard that shipping was high I went online to see what it was... it was $7.95 shipping (which was not too bad, until I realized it was $7.95 per item)

The only other way I know to get it is to check at some of the local shows, especially since you live in Florida.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered it also , shipping is a bit high for a bottle of polish........
I stopped in the middle of the ordering process when I noticed that it would cost $22.00 to send a $18.00 bottle of polish.

That costs about $3.50 to 4.50 (maybe) to ship, so therin lies the profit. Always a sure sign of an amateur operation.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, i would NOT pay that for shipping just out of principle since we all know it only costs 5 bucks to ship something like that.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys and Girls,

Please be aware, you are damaging your wheels with this product. Most wheels come with a clear coat, even if they don't claim to have one.

What this product, or any other product like it(metal polish) removes anything that is not metal. The black residue is not dirt its your clear coat, and while your wheels are cleaner they are also completely uncoated now.

What does that mean you ask? Well your wheels are going to get dirty much faster now. The only way to clean them now is by polishing them again with a similar product. And your wheels are going to oxidize even when the car is in storage.

So be aware.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost forgot,

If you have stuborn stains on your paint of wheels and dont want to remove the clear coat there are some great products out there that may work. Such as maguires paint and body scrub, it is clear coat safe and will remove haze and even exhaust stains from paint without breaking a sweat.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for uncoated aluminum (or any metal, plastic. fibrglass, etc for that matter).... I use Flitz. The stuff is awesome and non abrasive. As a knife collector, that's all I use on my blades.

http://www.flitz.com

Last edited:

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What this product, or any other product like it(metal polish) removes anything that is not metal. The black residue is not dirt its your clear coat, and while your wheels are cleaner they are also completely uncoated now.

Oh toot. I guess that was the clear coat coming off my beer chalice I polished with Mother's.......:bleh:

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HRE's and CCW's are not clearcoated. I got tired of polishing mine and sent them out and got them chromed

You can order HRE's clearcoated from the factory. Some had issues with it peeling until they changed the process.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21