Z06 0-100mph time...

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7.7 sec according to manufact. claims. That puts it over 1 sec faster to 100 than the viper and about as fast as a Zonda S.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7.7 sec according to manufact. claims. That puts it over 1 sec faster to 100 than the viper and about as fast as a Zonda S.

MFG claims are not always indicative of what the car will do...Ive seen mfg claims on the high side and low regarding a cars performance....But if this is the case I think the Z06 may be underrated at 500 crank...7.7 is really moving for a stock car...especially one thats not an exotic...I cant wait for this car to hit the streets so we can stop speculating and get some hard data...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
So now Chevy has have stepped up to the plate with something really balsy, good for them.

Balls in your court now, DC.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear kills stories of GenII's beating these new Z06's. (crossing my fingers)

G

All it takes is a blown GTS to beat it. :2tu:

the only thing that proves is that it takes a modified viper to beat a stock vette. I wouldn't be proud. :eek:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly...well said J Dawg

its gonna be a sad day when it hits thestreets and IS what they claim. good for GM. they deserve it more than DC does cause they WANT it and they GOT it.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! Nah, I think the TQ of the Viper will still edge it out of not be VERY CLOSE.

Now we see the car coming in at almost 3200 pounds. I don't think the TQ of the mighty ol' V8 will keep that 450HP ,nearly 500TQ beast at bay.

G

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear kills stories of GenII's beating these new Z06's. (crossing my fingers)

G

the only thing that proves is that it takes a modified viper to beat a stock vette. I wouldn't be proud. :eek:

A Z06 is just a modded vette. Just modified by the factory.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! Nah, I think the TQ of the Viper will still edge it out of not be VERY CLOSE.

Now we see the car coming in at almost 3200 pounds. I don't think the TQ of the mighty ol' V8 will keep that 450HP ,nearly 500TQ beast at bay.

G

If the vette numbers hold up, a new stock zo6 will have NO PROBLEM handing a stock GTS it's ass. No doubt about it. It's simple math. Now if you want to talk modified, the viper will remaine king due to 8 liters of displacement.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

G

I think that is the lamest argument I have ever seen.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig,
The lamest argument I have ever seen is when you said the SRT10 is a S2000 on steroids. I have said it once and I will say it again Craig you’re an IDIOT. Why are you even in this Viper Club Forum? Your contempt for the car is greater than anyone I have ever met.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a moronic *** comment, honestly do you think before you type??? :rolleyes:

That’s what it is a C6 that the factory modified. Fact. But way to back up your argument. Good job, my friends 2 year old couldn't do it better.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

G

If the vette numbers hold up, a new stock zo6 will have NO PROBLEM handing a stock GTS it's ass. No doubt about it. It's simple math. Now if you want to talk modified, the viper will remaine king due to 8 liters of displacement.

I would love to compare the dyno sheets when they come out..., but we'll have to wait..... :2tu:

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figure the new Z06 will be pretty much faster then my 99 GTS just about anywhere. Funny, it doesn't matter that much too me since it's mostly about bragging rigts anuway. If a new Z06 passes me at a track day a year or so from now, it's OK with me.

It doesn't actually make my Viper slower...

Jim

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it doesn't.. Espacially when it isn't (If it's even going to be) MUCH faster than a 7 or 8 year old Dodge VIper..!! Yeah baby!

Plus I STILL think Dodge is going to have a couple aces up their sleeve.

G

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We just went through this on the Z06 forum (surprisingly). I think the Vipers' hp numbers are fairly underrated. My '01 RT/10 put down 415 rwhp with no mods. Considering a 15% loss through the drivetrain, my car should have put down about 380 rwhp, not 415. My '02 Z06 put down about 350 rwhp bone stock which falls right in line with the 15% loss from 405 hp.

So, if the current generation Vipers are still underrated and the new Z06 isn't, then it'll be a LOT closer than most people think. Yes, the Z has a slight weight advantage but it's not like it's 300 or 400 lbs.

I can't wait until the new Z hits the road. I don't like its looks at all and I don't think it distinguishes itself enough from the base C6 but its performance numbers are interesting. I won't be buying one mainly because of its looks. I won't be buying the new Viper coupe either if it really is going to debut with 500 hp. Bring out the 625 hp car and it's a different convesation.

Paul

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The specs I saw on the new Z06 are 3150 pounds, which is close to 300 pounds ligher then our Gen II cars. And, have you seen the brakes on that thing? Wow, six piston calipers and ABS. That car is going to have excellent stopping distances and fade resistance. Maybe, just maybe, our Vipers can hang in a drag race, but on a road course, I predict that it's not going to be very close.

However, like Gerald says, our Vipers have been around since 1996 so it's high time that Corvette built a faster car. I know alot of current Viper owners don't like the new coupe, but it's the Viper that will be comparable to the new Z06 (of course we'd like it to be faster)

Jim

OP
OP
F

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually skeptical that the car will do 0-100 in less than 8 sec.

The Zonda S does it in less than 8 and it has 550hp and 300lbs or so less wt.
The Noble M400 does it in 8 flat at it has 425hp and 800lbs less weight.

The cars may be geared differently, but the power to weight differences are still too great an advantage for the Zonda and Noble. I'd figure the Z06 will do it in the low 8s.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gearing and traction could conspire to make the new Z06 that "quick"....The 1/4 mph will give you an idea of the power the Vette is putting down...Cant wait for the first test or dyno run to see if GM is sandbagging the numbers at 500hp crank....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950