Z06 at the Ring

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way for all of you DC haters.That blue Z06 was the Blue Devil with not 500 but 600 HP .Look at the Sept R+T pg 22 article.And they say a price of around $100,00 so now you can all breath easier my Viper Comrades.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Breath easier?

Heck, this means that DC needs to really pump out more performance in the coupe!

If this is correct, the standard Z06 matches/beats the Viper at $25k less, and the Blue Devil crushes it at <$10k more?

Yeah, I know, wait to see what hits the street etc.. At least Chevy is showing something. Where is the equivalent from DC? Should they have some Mamba edition running around with 650hp or something?

Ok, flame away.

:shocked: :shocked:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way for all of you DC haters.That blue Z06 was the Blue Devil with not 500 but 600 HP .Look at the Sept R+T pg 22 article.And they say a price of around $100,00 so now you can all breath easier my Viper Comrades.

Actually it the IS the base Z06. The Blue Devil has a top mounted blower (like the Roe) and requires a high rise hood. The C6 pictured has no high rise hood and is in fact the regular 500hp Z06. Dave Hill annouced 2 weeks ago it was the Z06's time and NOT the Blue Devil like magazines are stating. He stated the confusion lies that since the car was blue they assumed it was the blue devil which is is not.

You must be registered for see images

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually it the IS the base Z06. The Blue Devil has a top mounted blower (like the Roe) and requires a high rise hood. The C6 pictured has no high rise hood and is in fact the regular 500hp Z06. Dave Hill annouced 2 weeks ago it was the Z06's time and NOT the Blue Devil like magazines are stating. He stated the confusion lies that since the car was blue they assumed it was the blue devil which is is not.

You must be registered for see images

Ok, folks, back to your regularly scheduled ******** and moaning.

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Mopar" go buy the new R+T and you will see it is and was the Blue Devil (I guess you know more then R+T) they said if you heard the car around the Ring you will know its supercharged

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Mopar" go buy the new R+T and you will see it is and was the Blue Devil (I guess you know more then R+T) they said if you heard the car around the Ring you will know its supercharged

I have the issue, but I was also there to hear Dave Hill say it in person with my own ears.

Believe what you want when the car goes public the truth will be told.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the issue, but I was also there to hear Dave Hill say it in person with my own ears.
He lied in front of all those people! Geez.... :D

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He lied in front of all those people! Geez.... :D

Guess we'll have to wait and see. :laugh:

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, and it took them a week to tweak the suspension and
tires. Also looked a little low and I wonder if that
splitter is OEM. Nice job though, but I bet that if you
took an SRT 10 with enough back up and a week on the ring
to do the same tweaking with a pro driver you would have
the same or better times. JMO.

Herc :usa:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 'tweeked' Viper would be called a comp coupe.

It's time to run one at the ring, in the hands of the driver who did the laps in the Z06, blue dog or not.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guess its time for a blower so we don't get spanked by the new z06 :smirk: group buy on blowers lol :D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know where Mopar has been hanging out with Dave Hill in the same room but even CORVETTE MAGAZINE said it was the Blue Devil, supercharged with 600 + horsepower and carbon fiber bodywork lowering the weight under 3000lb. So I guess we can all look forward to a bunch of retractions by all these auto mags after Dave sets them straight. And did Dave mention the two weeks of tire testing and if they were running stock tires? Bet not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte