Zakspeed Viper at the Ring[vid 40mb]

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know if you guys have seen this but I was just doing a search for a specific pic of a Viper and I got this page in the list....Its a lap in the Zakspeed Viper on the Ring...Its not the same slow lap vid that I saw on here before...Hes look like he is hammering tha Snake around it....At the speeds hes going the Ring looks skinny as all hell....You really get a sensation of speed in this vid..If its a repost my bad..Its 40 megs so right click and save....

http://www.8200rpm.com/Video_Section/8200rpm_viper.wmv

There are also some other really good racing clips non Viper related for you racing fans at that site.....

http://www.8200rpm.com/index.php?p=1&t=3&lang=nl

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One lap cost € 260,= (= $ 300,=)

Woah..A few laps can turn into a serious chunk out of your wallet real quick..Everytime I hear one these Viper racing engines Im always am amazed how effortless they sound....Even at high[for Viper]rpms....

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It isn't a racing engine. They only changed suspension, aerodynamics and brakes. They claim only 420 HP.
http://internet.zakspeed-nuerburgring-rennfahrerschule.de/pages/viperjet01.php

Ok Im confused....Is this the same Zakspeed Viper that has been dominating the 24 hour Ring race??Stock engine???Me thinks not....To do what it did to Porsches etc it just cant be a stock engine and at that 30hp off the stock 450hp number...Ive been told this before but it just doesnt seem right...the Viper is badass but so are Porsches...Just doesnt add up...What am I missing..I must admit I dont know too much about the races this Viper runs in but I assumed its similar to the ALMS we have here...

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No flame here, but I don't think that is the actual Zakspeed Viper as I've never seen a racing Viper with an emergency brake and stock steering wheel or at least it sure looks like the stock wheel. :)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not the 650hp version for sure.

My guess is if they claim 420hp it is either at the wheels or it runs restrictor plates and competes in a stock class.

It was still a good drive around the ring.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a 98 GTS...

The "real" GTS-R only runs at the 24 hour race and in the VLN endurance series.

The Viper in the video is a mainly stock GTS, with Startech rims, adjustable suspension, a rear-wing, new seats and belts and has some useless parts removed.

It has "Only" 420 Hp, because that's what is left over after we get the U.S. versions to germany. So they don't "claim" it, they have it.

And the Viper doesn't dominate the races anymore. Since it slaughtered everything on the Ring all the pussy Porsche teams started moaning about how unfair it was and now even the Race GTS-R has only 460 Hp... Oh, I might add there are Porsches with 700 Hp... But that isn't unfair for some reason...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4