Wiring from rear trunk area up to passenger compartment

tomg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to hook up my remote bottle valve. Anyone run wiring from the trunk up to the passenger compartment in an 03-05 Viper? Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

OP
OP
T

tomg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one out there can help me on this? If I was on Corvette forum or any of the other forums (Cobra's, LS1's etc etc.) I'd have 50 replies right now. I cannot be the only one out there that has a newer Viper with N20 on it that sprung the extra $$ for a remote bottle opener. C'mon....

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason is that you have 100x more folks willing to bastardize the car adding cans. If you want more power get Paxton. And another reason is that there is no good answer. The trunk is sealed FB compartment. Basically you bastardize your car in two ways - adding cans and drilling the holes. Before drilling remember that there is a tank in between. Good luck.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a good spot in the upper left side of the trunk. You can drill a hole thru the wall and it will lead you into a void above the rear wheel well. You need to remove the wheel and then the wheel well cover and you will be able to see the back of the trunk. There is a 4” hole in the upper deck just behind the driver seat that works really well for running wires thru to get into the interior. It has a big grommet covering the hole. I cut a hole in that grommet and ran all my wires thru it. Where you go from here depends on what you want to do. I removed the sport bar and then the ********* plastic cover. Once you a have done that you can go any where. I have a CD changer, satellite tuner, antenna and rear LASER pick up running into the trunk area. When I was doing that I also ran a couple of extra wires for some unknown future project. I have 12K miles on that set up with zero problems. Have fune.

OP
OP
T

tomg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ViperGMC, that's about exactly what I did. Worked great.