0-100 MPH: SRT10 Coupe and Z06 - dyno sheet...

SurfnSun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 0-100 MPH: SRT10 Coupe and Z06

And not to mention that people are already saying that you need to disconnect and reconnect the battery to erase the powertrain controller for each run to avoid torque management. To keep it "stock" you will need to put one of those marine battery switches inside for a quick reset for that second run of the night.

And Surf, since you referred to me as a ricer, I just wanted to let you know my "stock" SRT already has walked an 06 Z06. Course my definition of stock is as loose as yours.

Keep the excuses comping guys. You are making yourselves look sad.

Lets try reading...First i said "ricer TYPE" i didn't call you one.

Second I said "stock motored"...again. Reading is key to this. No CAI, headers, stock cats in place etc. If I were to run Kumhos instead of Goodyears does that make my car not stock??? Give me a break.

As far as a stock SRT walking an 06 Z06...LOL thats funny.

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score

"As far as a stock SRT walking an 06 Z06...LOL thats funny. "

Until we see side by side testing on the same day then who is to say that's so funny?

All of these magazine races are truly funny to me. The Vette guys, like SurfnSun, take the fast Vette numbers and the slow Viper numbers. The Viper guys take the fast Viper numbers and the slow Vette numbers.

Frankly I could not care less. My SRT-10 is damned fast, and *******. I prefer it to a Vette, that is why I'm on a VIPER FORUM.

However, some people will prefer the Vette. Both great cars. This is a good time to be a performance ******.

It's just that any comparision other than side by side is nothing but guesswork right now. Certainly not accurate enough to start throwing insults around.

Dirk

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Howdy -

I noticed you posted in a thread regarding a Paxton supercharger (saying yours wasn't experiencing the same technical issue as the thread starter's) - so I assume you're running a the same supercharger.

Was enjoying the thread, and didn't want to misinterpret anything. So you're saying you left a stock Z06 "standing still" vs. your car that's sporting a supercharger? And that your supercharged car vs. a stock Z06 doesn't compare?

Thanks -

DT

And the bottom line. Well lets just say when we did the first roll on from 80 mph I smoked the tires by going to 2nd initially. So he got a quick jump on me. Then I went to third and left him like he was standing still.

From a slower speed, where I am really traction limited, the Z06 stuck with me pretty good. It seemed as if his traction was on par or possibly better than the stock run flats (we NEED better tires). Once in second gear though the two are as close as an SUV is to a stock SRT.

ccbatson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will just give you my experience and impression....a 99 supercharged camaro SS with 467 rwhp and mildly sticky street tires (3-4 inches narrower than the C6 Z06's), auto trans, 3400lbs is very hard to hook up consistently on the street because of a very low wheelspin threshold. On the other hand, I was stunned at how consistent I was with my (former) C5 Z06 (granted not the same as a C6 Z06), and even my 03 srt10 (with some practice) would give repeatable numbers where my Fbody was all over the place.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, I had the opposite experience with my WS6, so... I guess it varies.

SurfnSun

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"As far as a stock SRT walking an 06 Z06...LOL thats funny. "

Until we see side by side testing on the same day then who is to say that's so funny?

Because the facts are neither of these cars is "walking" away from the other. I guess its all in your definition of the term. An SRT10 would "walk" away from an stock C5. My car will "walk" away from a Gen I RT10. Thats what I consider walking....

All of these magazine races are truly funny to me. The Vette guys, like SurfnSun, take the fast Vette numbers and the slow Viper numbers. The Viper guys take the fast Viper numbers and the slow Vette numbers.
I agree.

Frankly I could not care less. My SRT-10 is damned fast, and *******. I prefer it to a Vette, that is why I'm on a VIPER FORUM.
Me either, they are very nice cars...Id love to have one.

However, some people will prefer the Vette. Both great cars. This is a good time to be a performance ******.
I wish more guys thought this way, on both sides.

It's just that any comparision other than side by side is nothing but guesswork right now. Certainly not accurate enough to start throwing insults around.

Dirk

Yup! BTW Im hardly a troll, with 12k posts on Corvetteforum and a few thousand others on various sites, I don't think I am.

In my opinion from whats been reported the new Z06 is faster than an SRT10. Time will tell when we get on the road, but making excuses of why it is or isn't...well, someone is gonna come off looking really dumb as soon as a few of these bad boys hit the road.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

All,

Both cars are cool. As for SRT numbers they will be there with the Z06.

The new coupe? I for one am very concerned about the initial numbers coming back from the mags...If they are even close the Gen II GTS is a faster car, PERIOD.

The Z06 will be a fast car. It's a hell of a Corvette too. Nicest one by far, EVER. No doubt about it. It may even edge the SRT in acceleration. We will not know until the cars start showing up at the tracks and dragstrips.