00 ACR (BLUE) 2,993 miles on EBAY $48,000 NO RESERVE! Auction ends in 6 hrs.!!!!

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost seems to good to be true...either the guy made a mistake with no reserve or there is something wrong?

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A blue 2000 GTS ACR with a blue interior for a cheap price.... Sounds like a dangerous thing to bid on without first doing some real investigative work. Dodge didn't build a blue ACR in 2000 and doesn't put blue interiors in any of them. And to top it off there are no pictures provided. There's a fishy smell about it.....

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know...No pic...No prevous transactions on ebay...Blue??? 20% deposit within 3 days...

When I was searching for a Viper to buy last year, I checked the classifieds here almost daily so I knew most of what was available for sale...

I was checking ebay one day and saw a car that was also listed in the VCA classifieds for sale...I had already spoken to the owner of this car a couple times...Problem was the seller on ebay listed the car to be in California...I knew for a fact the car was actually located in S. Florida...

Anyway I contacted the real owner and asked if they were aware their car was on ebay for about $15k less than they told me they would sell the car for...

They said yes they were aware of it and the authorities were already involved...

So basically what happened is someone copied about 10 pictures of the car off the sellers website...Listed all the upgrades which were extensive and tried to scam someone out their deposit money...

Not saying this is the case with this car but I thought I'd pass along what happened...

Reaction score
The Vin number is also bogus. I e-mailed him for some pictures and he sent me pictures scanned out of magazines and brochures of 4 different cars. It's must be some kids playing around.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the high bid on this car. I will let you all know how it turns out.I will fly out to see the car before I give a Dime. We will see if they even contact me, Ha Ha.

Reaction score
Tell them to send you a copy of the title. They should have no problem scanning that since they like to scan brochure pictures and e-mail them to you. Also ask them what the "real" VIN number is.

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCAM-O-RAMA

BE careful Don, this is too flaked out to be real. I looked into it, and NO WAY is this a real car

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Viper freinds, I did receive an e-mail from the so called seller . He said he would get all the info I need. I requested a copy of the title be faxed. Trust me I have had three vipers and I know what was made every year. The reason I am wasting a little time on this is because I had a steel gray 2000 and others have referred it as Steel blue, or when you are placeing an ad on ebay and you are checking off the colors, black and blue are next to each other. Or maybe its a 01. Ha Ha Just waiting to see what comes of it, can't hurt.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what was the selling price? If it's legit - are you going to buy it?

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If its bogus make sure you tell Ebay. They want/need to know about this stuff to try to stop it.

PS. If it's not bogus...I'll give you a grand more than you paid!!! Not enough?!!

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well so far The seller will not return my e-mail, so I will not wast my time with it any more. It is as I thought from the begining. No sleep lost here.

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
better yet, lets ALL post a negative feedback rating on that dumba$$

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
I have been buying and selling on e-bay almost since they started. Nothing as high priced as a Viper but I buy and sell antique diving equipment some in the 5 to $10,000 range. There have been a number of people trying to sell replica helmets as originals. That is fraud. I have informed a number of high bidders that the helmet they were paying way to much for is a fake. They always withdraw their bid and the seller just goes down the list and tells the next bidder that the buyer couldn't come up with the money. I hope that is not what happened here. E-bay has an escrow service and I always advise anyone that buys off e-bay to use it for any large purchase. I don't like to see anyone get ripped off or scamed and if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala