'01 Viper ACR vs. '01 Porsche 911 TT***VIDEO***

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'01 Viper ACR vs. \'01 Porsche 911 TT***VIDEO***

That's about right. The 911 have a little more top end power. But, just removing the cats on the Viper and its a different story. The Viper will pull much harder over 100mph with out the cats. I picked up 2.5MPH in the quarter just removing the cats.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Either the 996 is not stock or the Viper driver cant drive. I have raced several of these in the past and except for the launch(when done properly) the 996 is out of its league.

Majority of the races had ended up around top of fourth gear which is about 150mph, and the Viper was still pulling away. And by the end of 2nd gear the snake has easily 2 car lead on the 996 TT.

alexWS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nexus-6:
This doesn't necesarily mean anything but it appears that the TT has neon lights underneath it in the back.

My guess is that someone who would install neon lights probably wouldn't leave a 911 TT stock...but it's just speculation.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My guess is that someone who would install neon lights on a 911 TT is a dumba$$!

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by alexWS6 on 01-28-2003 at 01:27 PM</font>

S

sachin

The Porsche had a chip, here's a post by the driver of the porsche from supraforums.

"I can give a bit of info since I was driving the Porsche that night . It's a 2001 996T Tiptronic w/ a $500 Upsolute chip

We had several races earlier that night and it wasn't nearly as close. When Z0Sick was keeping up in ths races in these vids you saw, I wasn't sure what was wrong and it turns out at the end my FREEZING feet were cold because my co-pilot (owner of the car) had left the ac on when defrosting the windows! The porsche doesn't disengaged the AC at WOT so it was losing that little bit of power that made the race close. Hell, it was so close that one of the races took us to ~180MPH. It was a pleasure making the video for **** sure . I can't wait until my little guy is back in the road too
tongue.gif

Btw, Z0Sick's car pulls quickly on the 3rd honk because of his NA power, I didn't brake boost, and I didn't try to get an unfair jump by aggressively guessing the 3rd honk and making a *** video where I get a jump or something. I can't wait until Z0Sick gets some mods going!

Not bad for an stock 996T with a cheap chip . It's pulled a 11.6 @ 123 on street tires at the track (no weight stripped)."

OP
OP
T

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dunn:
the guy ZOsick is a kid driver, he posts over at www.supraforums.com maybe its driver error?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>maybe its driver error?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dumb,

Read sachin's post. That Porsche is not stock, and does 123 mph in the 1/4, vs. a stock ACR, which traps between 118-120 mph at best. Hope that answers your stupid question.
rolleyes.gif

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its not NEON, its just an effect of the IR filming mod on the digital camcorder

the 996 has an Absolute Chip, K&N filters, Forge Dump valves, and 100 octance in that video.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alexWS6:
My guess is that someone who would install neon lights on a 911 TT is a dumba$$!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually ZO Sick isn't a kid, he just pretends to be a kid on supraforums just to egg on all the other **** talkers over there.

Ting

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dunn:
the guy ZOsick is a kid driver, he posts over at www.supraforums.com maybe its driver error?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommy:
Dumb,

Read sachin's post. That Porsche is not stock, and does 123 mph in the 1/4, vs. a stock ACR, which traps between 118-120 mph at best. Hope that answers your stupid question.
rolleyes.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it a stupid question? Sachin posted after I did. I left right after posting. Its easy to think that a kid can't hold and drive the power of the Viper, so why a stupid question?

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have raced two twin turbos over the last couple of months. One on the access road and one on the freeway starting at speeds of 70 and he almost kept up but not quit and as he drove by me when I slowed down he gave me the thumbs up. The guy was pretty cool. My 2000 just has borla, high flow cats, smooth tubes and filters. I know they can take you from the start being four wheel drive but not on the freeway. Everything just depends on the mods. I just wouldnt have one because I dont care for the look of them. I do like the Ferrari
360 Modena look but it cant beat a Viper so guess I will just keep the ride I have. You just cant beat the all around looks, style, and bad asp look at the price of a Viper.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Every major mag I've read shows stock for stock a tt911 has no chance against a GTS....Its the 911 till 80-100 after that is over for the Teutonic Terror....In one of MT's tests the GTS was a second faster to 150mph than the 911tt...So it had to be a tweaked 911....The Viper is one of the few stock cars that can take on a 911 and win...Them 911's are badass...You see what a chip, xhaust, and 100 octane does for da turbo beast....Now the GT2 is a better match stock for stock...imho

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know the owner of that TT, and watched him run an 11.67 @ 123 at Sacramento last Saturday. His car is an otherwise-stock '01 TT with the tiptronic slushbox and upped boost, running on 95 octane. On the scales, it weighed in at 3530 lbs (half tank gas, no driver). I was impressed at how the almost-stock TT was really turning out some HP.

Now if I could just figure out how to convince my wife that we need another car...

OP
OP
T

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why is it a stupid question? Sachin posted after I did. I left right after posting. Its easy to think that a kid can't hold and drive the power of the Viper, so why a stupid question?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps I was a bit harsh on you. If I hurt your feelings, then I apologize. I felt you should have gotten your facts straighted out before jumping to conclusions, calling it driver error. It wasn't. I was simply outpowered. Again, that car ran a 123 mph trap speed in the 1/4 mile. That's says a lot.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Either the 996 is not stock or the Viper driver cant drive<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not stock.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Actually ZO Sick isn't a kid, he just pretends to be a kid on supraforums just to egg on all the other **** talkers over there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have no proof though.
supergrin.gif
I'm 18, and that's a fact.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This doesn't necesarily mean anything but it appears that the TT has neon lights underneath it in the back.

My guess is that someone who would install neon lights probably wouldn't leave a 911 TT stock...but it's just speculation.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That TT is modded - they pull 116 in the 1/4 stock, as opposed to 118 for a Viper. Now a X50 might be the "mod" to do it, but I'll bet there is some serious boost in that car.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey there Tommy. Thanks for the video.

I don't feel the least bit bad that the modded 996TT was faster.

11.67@123MPH is impressive, but Ben's Doug Levin Viper probably cost about the same as the modded Porsche, and is in a different performance league altogether.
supergrin.gif

For the rare few cars that are faster than our (mostly) stock Vipers, it's hardly a disappoinment. I thought that the Viper hung in well considering that the only stock cars that are faster are the Porsche GT2, Lamborghini Murcielago, and Ferrari Enzo.

Good company indeed.

-Dean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang