01 Yellow Viper GTS with no history?

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm interested in a car, but I'm having trouble finding out any info on the history of this snake. I have a CARFAX account, but nothing comes up for this car. The VIN is 1B3ER69E71V704795. The dealership can't pull any info either, but tells me it's all ok.

It could be a glitch, but I won't be interested in it if it doesn't all check out. Anyone know this car? It's a yellow 01 GTS. Any suggestions of finding out the scoop?

Steve 02/RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can call up Daimlerchrysler customer service and they will check VIN# and let you know.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has the car ever been registered? by anyone? anywhere? I believe history only starts when car is first titled, my 2c.

BTW, awhile back I needed to find out info that my car fax did not reveal, a call to DC and they could tell me who and what dealership it was first delivered to, and when sold......

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It does have a history at Chrysler, bought from Walker Chrysler in ME by a person in NH. 12200 miles on it, three small service claims, not elegible for ESC for some reason.

OP
OP
D

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It does have a history at Chrysler, bought from Walker Chrysler in ME by a person in NH. 12200 miles on it, three small service claims, not elegible for ESC for some reason.

Thanks for the info Viper GTS. What's ESC? The car has 15K miles and if you saw an entry at 12,200 it must be at least a 2 owner car, right?

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at this car about three weeks ago in NH when it was on ebay the first time. The car looked to be 100% with no damage The person who owned it said he was the original owner. He said the warranty was good until 5/05 and that it had a 7-70 on the drive train. When I checked for a carfax it came up blank. I asked the owner about it and he could't tell me why. He told me about all the warranty work done on it and when I checked with a dealer friend every thing the owner said was done on the car was listed. As far as not bieng eligible for ESC nothing was ever mentioned about that by the owner, or the dealer I had run the check. I had been bidding on the car and it was pulled off on the last day. The dealer wasn't even bidding on the car but must have got to him by email. The dealer had it for sale online on the last day of the auction.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know why the DC site says not elegible for ESC, no explanation, may be an input error for all I know. The 12200 miles was the last report entry which was awhile ago, forgot the actual date. The info is available on the DC dealer site in the service section. No problems showed up, probably faulty Carfax.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure on this one, but if it is not eligible for an extension it could be for a variety of reasons - usually not good. It could be a Chrysler buy back, it may have been stolen, etc. There are things that do not show up on car fax, but it sounds like this should be a buyer beware situation.The car probably was never eligible for a 7/70 , unless it was sold after July of 2002.