02 sensors?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the o2 sensors all the same on Vipers? Meaning do the rear o2 interchange with the front ones? Or left to right?

For that matter, how often should they be changed? I am noticing a rich condition on my passenger side cylinders, and there is no obvious reason why besides the sensors.

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are you noticing a rich condition on the passenger side?

And Yes, a faulty O2 sensor could cause a bank of cylinders to run rich or lean.

The left and right are the same, but I'm not sure if the front and rear ones are the same.

Normally a modern O2 sensor will last more than 100K miles.

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

Simle acutally looked at the plugs, they have the tale tell sighns of being rich.

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is a significant different between left and right side plugs this definitely suggests a fault somewhere in your system. I'd guess a bad O2 sensor. If you were in Dallas I'd lend you my OBDII enhanced monitor made by EASE. It allows you to read all the sensors while driving around. You can plot left and right O2's and see if there is a differences between them.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had one O2 sensor replaced under extended warranty. It failed and cased a hunting idle...bucking and low idle and super rich condition.

I asked how much for the other three... the service tech looked up a price of $68 each?

I may buy three more.... to install when I install my Corsa cat-back system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc