03-09 Side Exhaust Options

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Many Gen 3 and 4 owners want to upgrade their exhaust system for better tone, reduced heat and a little more power.

Complete header systems are great, but in most cases they will not pass emissions in California and require a new computer calibration to keep the check engine light from coming on.

Up until now, the options have been the Mopar Performance exhaust (Borla) and the Corsa Exhaust. The Mopar system is priced right, but it is very restrictive and has poor sound in the upper rpm range. The Corsa system is very high quality, but the price is very high ($1900 plus list price) and it does not have enough tone for many folks.

We did some experimenting in the shop with some new combinations and with a little help from Lou Belanger we came up with a new system that has really good tone, very little resonance and great looks. Its a stainless system with chrome tips and is priced right at $1500. I am evaluating the first systems shortly and will post some photos.

For those of you who want a little more tone than the systems out there, this could be a great option.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
right at $1500. I am evaluating the first systems shortly and will post some photos.

For those of you who want a little more tone than the systems out there, this could be a great option.

I have the belanger headers,and HF Cats but using the stock muffler....any improvement in tone i.e louder??? drone???

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On the 08-09 Models with headers, this system may be a little loud, thats why many of you with this combination stick with the stock mufflers.

For those of you not considering headers, this system will give the car good tone, less heat and nice tips.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have belanger headers with Corsa cat back....and yes, after driving the car for 2 days, I know I will need hearing aids down the road. But I love it. :)

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the 08-09 Models with headers, this system may be a little loud, thats why many of you with this combination stick with the stock mufflers.

For those of you not considering headers, this system will give the car good tone, less heat and nice tips.

Any updates?

Herc

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4