05 viper locking problem

lexer05

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 05 just wandering if anybody has ever had problem locking or unlocking the doors.I will lock the doors,and the doors will lock then when i come back it wont unlock unless you push the door handle down.But if you lock it it works again,anybody heard of that please help, thanks

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It sounds like the car is in "factory storage mode"... which is enabled by the IOD fuse being in the SHIP position. The IOD fuse is the one with the little black plastic cage around it. The storage mode forces the BCM into sleep mode, which requires a door handle push to wake up in that case.

But if that is the case, you'd also have no radio once in the car I think.

Low battery will cause the same sleep to ensue.

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar issue when the battery died on my 08. I went to use the key in the lock and the key would not turn to unlock the door. any help?

Bruce

Reaction score
I had a similar issue when the battery died on my 08. I went to use the key in the lock and the key would not turn to unlock the door. any help?

Bruce

Jump box on post under the hood and it will open giving you access. You will need to recharge battery and may even get CEL that will be cleared or your dealer can.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jump box on post under the hood and it will open giving you access. You will need to recharge battery and may even get CEL that will be cleared or your dealer can.

That is the ticket, I did get in eventually and got it started but did throw a code. You nailed it.

thanks
Bruce

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is the ticket, I did get in eventually and got it started but did throw a code. You nailed it.

thanks
Bruce

you have to push on the top of the door pretty hard while turning the key. If you don't push on the door at the same time the key will NOT turn. Push right below the door release.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a reason I come to this site daily. Great info even on the smallest items.

Bruce

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a reason I come to this site daily. Great info even on the smallest items.

Bruce

Just to make myself clear......you need to push toward the drivers seat not down toward the ground. You can sometimes use your right shoulder while looking toward the front on the car and turning the key in one motion......lol for real no joking around!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187