06 FE Blue /white coupe on eBay for 87,500 buy it now ....But one problem

scroft

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 06 FE Blue /white coupe on eBay for 87,500 buy it now ....But one prob

Greetings Viper Community. My name is Scott and I am the Internet manager at the dealership where this Viper in question is for sale. After I learned that my auction has created a stir in the Viper community, I felt that I needed to clear things up a bit and also stand up and take the tongue lashing that may come with it. We have sold a fair amount of Vipers ever since Dodge started offering this vehicle. We have a certain mechanic that always does the prep. When this unit came in, the normal mechanic was not here so a newly trained Viper mechanic was assigned the prep. He was given instructions to "do nothing to the vehicle without checking first". After he drilled one screw into the front end, he decided to check if that was all right. The rest is history. No, the mechanic is not fired and there is no reason he will be over this. People make mistakes. It is my job to now sell the vehicle and control the damage he did. There is only one hole in the unit but unfortunately it is right in the middle of the front end.

I wanted to explain all of this because I do not want our dealership's good reputation to be tarnished in the Viper community. We are a large "E" size dealer in the St. Louis metro east area. We carry Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep products. Our dealership satisfaction rating with both Chrysler Corporation and our customer base is excellent. In fact, there is a good possibility we will be awarded DiamlerChrysler's first Dealer of the Year award for all multi-line large "E" size dealers. This is a national competition between all dealerships. Please do not let this one error paint us in a bad light.

Feel free to comment. I'm a big boy and can take it.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well it makes no sense at all...in British Columbia (my home province) we are required to have a front plate. In Alberta, right next to BC, they don't need one! This has been a very big issue with all the "car" people in BC for years - it is a big crock of $hit!

Yeah exactly what a load of [******]! And if your driving an suv or anything like that a cop will never go to the front of the car to check for a plate but if your in something like a viper or vette they go to the front just to check even if they haven't seen the front and already have you pulled over :eek: (Trust me...first hand experience!)

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I never get touched.The cops love the car they dont even bother

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SCROFT,

I feel you do not need to defend yourself, Iam sure you have a outstanding dealership, but, as with all companies, you come under the rule of, 'your only as good as your weakiest link, :buttkick: shyt happens. :hitfan: but,you asked for feedback.

In 20/20, would it not be strange to find the plate holder not attached to the car from the factory and placed in the trunk ? I mean, this guy has been around Vipers before right? :confused: he is a Viper Tech, did he not see this car come off a special trailer? :shocked: or did he not see the window sticker, :eek: and think maybe I should not be taking a power tool to the exterior facia of a $91K plus car? :confused: (maybe "the Peter Principal" applies here). :rolleyes: but in any case I would really question who is working on my Viper, and why do you have a power tool in your hand????? :shocked:

scroft

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bluesnake367,

I agree with you whole heartily. Unfortunately, this was the first Viper this newly trained tech ever touched. Our more seasoned tech was gone for a bit and we needed to get this unit prepped. Over all the new tech is very good at his job but had little experience on Vipers. I just wish he would have thought before he drilled.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just wanted to chime-in and say that if you buy a new car off the lot, in many states the car MUST be road legal to buy directly from a dealer.

Meaning you have to have a front plate holder installed and a front plate when it rolls of the lot.

If a person were to get a ticket from not-having a front license plate, guess who they could sue...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< After he drilled one screw into the front end, he decided to check if that was all right. I just wish he would have thought before he drilled. >>

<< but in any case I would really question who is working on my Viper, and why do you have a power tool in your hand????? >>

bluesnake said it best. has this tech ever been around a dealership before? was this his fist day around any car?

this guy doing a MAJOR REPAIR scares ME, especially if he is unable to use his head on a minor item like mounting a license plate on a car.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Ease up, guys!!!

Scroft explained the situation very clearly. Someone made a mistake, the dealer admits it, will repair the damage - nothing else needs to be said.

Hell, we have all made mistakes, BIG mistakes, including me.

I wish Scroft and his dealership the best in selling this great Viper.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HOLY SHXXXXXXT guys, it's a freakin' small hole. Buy the car, pay $300 for fill the hole and match the paint at a body store for crying out loud. LOL!!!!
I'd buy it in a heart beat, but then again, I ENJOY my cars.. LOL!!!!!!! sheeeez..

G

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ease up, guys!!!
Scroft explained the situation very clearly. Someone made a mistake, the dealer admits it, will repair the damage - nothing else needs to be said.
Hell, we have all made mistakes, BIG mistakes, including me.
I wish Scroft and his dealership the best in selling this great Viper.

I agree, the guy had both the intelligence AND the cajones to come here and say a mistake was made. We are dumping on the wrong guy. we all know how dealerships run, the tech does not report to Scroft and reading between the lines I would guess if he did the guy would be gone by now. He just made Scrofts job a lot harder as it relates to this car.

scroft

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HOLY SHXXXXXXT guys, it's a freakin' small hole. Buy the car, pay $300 for fill the hole and match the paint at a body store for crying out loud. LOL!!!!
I'd buy it in a heart beat, but then again, I ENJOY my cars.. LOL!!!!!!! sheeeez..

G

Gerald,

Thanks for the support. As a matter of fact, after speaking with the current bidder, I have offered to have the hole professionally repaired at my expense and he has agreed. Your estimate is not far off too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude