06 Gear change labor costs?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with 3.33's because FI might be in the future, but I second the Quaife comment. I bought a full differential with the gears already installed, so it was just drop the old one and replace it with the new one.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search, lot's of threads on this subject. I think I paid Mark @ Woodhouse $650.00 for the labor. find a good experienced shop, not the best price.

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are interested, I have my Visco Lock with 3.55s going for sale next week. I bought it from DC Performance in 2008 and it has less than 1,000 miles on it. Never drag raced, ever.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a complete Unirax rear end with a Quaife and 3.55's. It takes some machine work for the Quaife to be used, but it's very much worth it.

If you buy an assembly put together by a reliable source, the R&R is actually a DIY project that will take an afternoon.

This is the way I'd recommend doing it. If you can't DIY it, then all you have to worry about is the R&R labor and finding a 1/2 way competent shop to do it. The actual work in swapping it isn't at all complicated or difficult, but is a bit time consuming.

--FQB

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put 3.55's in with my stock hydro-lok. Over the stock gears the 3.55's are a huge improvement. I put a Quaife in about a year later, made the rear of the car feel more solid and planted to the pavement. If it's in the budget this would be the time to do a Quaife too.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Best Bet is to have Ted May over at Valaya Racing do it for you , since he is in the area. Good idea to have someone do this that really knows what they are doing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth