'08 & '09 pricing

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What pricing have you all been seeing on new & used 2008s and new 2009s?
I have been thiunking about upgrading and have just started to look.
I have been offered a Red 09 for $79,000. It has Navigation and 6-Spoke Wheels.

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have debating between a red and a green convertible. I think the SSG looks great but I am afraid I would regret it down the road.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have debating between a red and a green convertible. I think the SSG looks great but I am afraid I would regret it down the road.
I have a red convertible because I like it. Viper prices do seem to vary a bit based on the color of the car. As I sure you have seen, the venom red Viper prices were/are considerably less than the other colors, based I'm sure on sales and popularity.

When the SSG came out it was very popular and people wanted it. I think it is still going well. Personally it's not what I would choose but I like it and it looks great. While liking the color, I also chose red as it should be easier to match during painting. I'm having a new hood put on right now and he is trying to match the paint. I'm sure SSG would have been more difficult. I would also guess SSG in general is probably more desirable and certainly not as common as the red but, that is a guess.

I guess the bottom line is, choose the color you like best for the money you are willing to spend. None of the Viper colors offered are way out there so I wouldn't have too much regret or worry about any of them. Just choose the one you would prefer and don't worry about what others think or what if down the road.

Just my two cents and it's worth about that.

Last edited:

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get the ssg--you will not regret it--car turns head anywhere it goes and if you like it--you will end up loving it--I go out to my car at least once or twice a day just to look at it for a few seconds and this is after a couple of months of owning--that kind of behavoir usually wears off pretty quickly--

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I considered a SSG also, but I bought the classic look...:D
CIMG54101.JPG

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that other than the very popular colors 08,s are in the mid to high 60's
but of course thats only armchair observation.It seems they cant give the Venom red cars away,which I do not understand as this color is absolutely gorgeous in the sunlight.Wish I could sack up and buy one!!!

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a new 09 creamsicle at Fredrick Dodge in Oh that they say they take $73K. I'd like a Black coupe but I guess that needs to be a 08. Anybody seen one under $70?

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a brand new 92k msrp 08 convertible for 65k. Orange with razors two tone interior and nav. I think 60's for any 08 and thats like stealing IMO when you look around and see what 60k can get you these days.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go with the green IMO. bought mine in January when the 20k dicount was going on. The only mistake I made was I should have bought 2 back then.

J

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What colors have been produced so far in 2009? Are they producing them on a predetermined schedule like they did in 2008?

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that other than the very popular colors 08,s are in the mid to high 60's
but of course thats only armchair observation.It seems they cant give the Venom red cars away,which I do not understand as this color is absolutely gorgeous in the sunlight.Wish I could sack up and buy one!!!

A reason alot of 08's are appearing now with under 100 miles but used is that Dodge was selling to actual Chrysler employees vipers at 20K off of invoice which would get you into the high 50's low 60's. The only stipulation was the employee had to title the car and keep it for 6 months before they could sell it. So many dealers were buying there own cars and then just titleing them and now they are starting to surface. Either way great prices and still a "new" car.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A reason alot of 08's are appearing now with under 100 miles but used is that Dodge was selling to actual Chrysler employees vipers at 20K off of invoice which would get you into the high 50's low 60's. The only stipulation was the employee had to title the car and keep it for 6 months before they could sell it. So many dealers were buying there own cars and then just titleing them and now they are starting to surface. Either way great prices and still a "new" car.
Not to mention the fact that MANY dealers broke the rules with the above and sold the Vipers WAY before the 6 months were up.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their dealers,what do you expect..:rolleyes:
Exactly, it simply was not fair to the ethical dealerships that DID NOT break the rules or anyone possibly trying to move a used Viper as it totaly influenced the market.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone hears of an employee selling a black 08 PM me. I'd go $63K for a used coupe.

Last edited: