08-09 VIPERs (inc ACRs) at INVOICE 08 Viper Blue/Black Stripes Conv. 69995 30 miles

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 08-09 VIPERs (inc ACRs) at INVOICE 08 Viper Blue/Black Stripes Conv. 69995 30 mi

Tata asked the British government for money to keep Rover and Jaguar alive...
What do you expect? Regarding CAAP...:cool:

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 08-09 VIPERs (inc ACRs) at INVOICE 08 Viper Blue/Black Stripes Conv. 69995 30 mi

I agree with the thoughts on the Viper. There is no way a car with a V10 will last in this marketplace. I LOVE MY VIPER...but the end is near.

This is why I am looking furiously for a 08 or 09 GTS Blue Vert....they are hard to find. I want one to go with my 06 GTS Blue Coupe.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the 08 viper is not advertised like the zr1- and the z06,im tired of seeing cover of magz after cover of the zr1 how its a bargain at 110k .i agree with others i think the viper line is soon to end and it will end with alot of respect.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yep,its comin,all good things must come to a end.bad boys will be back in another 20 years though.a least something to the nature.

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I noticed in the last couple of days that the ACR has been removed from Dodge.com "build your own" only 21A Package now.:(

Later,
Joe B

SHELBYVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the 08 viper is not advertised like the zr1- and the z06,im tired of seeing cover of magz after cover of the zr1 how its a bargain at 110k .i agree with others i think the viper line is soon to end and it will end with alot of respect.
I had the same thought's on the new ZR-1. Was not a big fan of the car until today. I had the opportunity to see one in piece's at a well known Vette tuner's shop. The car is world class as for component's being used. I have to agree with the mag's on the fact the car is a deal at sticker price but so is the Viper. I never had a interest in purchasing a ZR-1 but after today I would not mind adding one to the stable.:usa:

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I noticed in the last couple of days that the ACR has been removed from Dodge.com "build your own" only 21A Package now.:(

Later,
Joe B

I don't think so. Was on this morning and the SRT 10 B Package is still there. As long as their making Vipers they will have the ACR option. Its the same car with different suspension, paint scheme, and wheels/tires.

Last edited:

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think so. Was on this morning and the SRT 10 B Package is still there. As long as their making Vipers they will have the ACR option. Its the same car with different suspension, paint scheme, and wheels/tires.

You mean the website that allows you to order a GTS Blue ACR with a Driver's Stripe? That website is not, err, shall we say 'accurate'.

What I have heard after speaking with several dealers over the past few months is the ACR option was 'there' (in their systems) but not selectable and in the past week dealers have indicated that the ACR option has simply vanished from their systems (before it was visible but 'disabled' and now it is gone). Mistake? Curiousity? What to make of it?

Something to think about, despite CAAP having numerous 'sold' orders for ACRs the plant is shut until Feb 2 while the rest of Dodge is set to resume in one week (Jan 19). Remember, the 'staff' is paid nearly full salary for their time off and since most of the Vipers in production are sold (note: not all are sold when built, some do go to the 'national pool'), so, ?, why not start up CAAP sooner?

Dodge is actively seeking a buyer for Viper, but, nothing announced yet.

It is also curious, what to make of it all.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

obviously they dont have the money for splitters and rear wing assemblys to pay their vendors as they are probably on cash only basis for parts and they are high dollar parts.

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I agree with you. I bought mine there. I was told it had a corsa exhaust and gears. They were mistaken, it had the stock exhaust with NO CATS. The jury is still out on the gears but something tells me it doesn't have those either.

Funny... Palmer is still trying to move more product, but when they were in the hot seat for crappy customer service and were looking to make ammends for past failures they were all about helping people who had previously had bad service with them. Then the Thread gets closed/locked and so does Palmers attempts at resolving past crappy service.

Way to reinforce what I thought about Palmer Dodge. Dad and I will be buying our future vipers elsewhere.

Jon

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

obviously they dont have the money for splitters and rear wing assemblys to pay their vendors as they are probably on cash only basis for parts and they are high dollar parts.

Think about that for a moment...Cerberus owns Viper, they have plenty of cash to do whatever they want...it's not just Chrysler operating in a vacuum on their own.

I was reading today that they (Cerberus) may hold off on reopening factories to receive additional bailout funds from the new administration? hmm?

And, of course, Viper is up for sale, so, a deal may be announced soon and they (Cerberus) will pass the torch and bill$ to the new owners..so, why put additional funds into Viper when they will never be recouped? (the 'selling price' will remain the same whether CAAP opens 'today' or once the new owners take over)

-J

OP
OP
V

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

09 viper blue with white stripes coupe. Navigation, premium interior. 30 miles. 73995.
Will go fast. Call 404-423-2497- Jared O'Brien