'08 Coupe $2500 off MSRP

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the new standards did lower the ratings, if you read a lot about the 08s, the engine, etc. redesign provided a substantial increase to the MPG. So yes, prior cars did see a reduction, but this is a new design after the ratings changes, and therefore those ratings changes are not applicable because there isn't a before and after version to compare (e.g., like other cars which were in the midst of a several year model design from before and after the ratings changes).

Thank you very much for this information, as I had not read about the increase in fuel economy, especially since it seems like most owners aren't that concerned with it. It makes me want to consider buying an 08 vs. leasing the 06 Coupe, especially since seeing the Snakeskin Green in person.

Jason

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went by to look at it. They're asking $100,945 for this car that has stripes and the "H" wheels. No one approached me from the time I walked into the dealership for 6 minutes, until I came to the receptionist and asked if the salespeople were off for the holidays. Supposedly this is one or two Vipers that they will get. I do like the green a lot, and it really sets off the car. Exotic colors go great on exotic cars. Reminds me of the Lamborghini green, so I can't wait to see what the new blue and orange will look like.

Jason

I just returned from Grapevine Dodge. A Man at the service area (must have been SM) let me in to look at the car in person. The gentleman was VERY nice to have let me in and view the car without crowding me. This was at 10:45PM :headbang:

When I first arrived and saw the SSG through the window, at a distance, I thought it was nice but I was not impressed. I walked around to where the service area was to get a better look and that is when the gentleman offered to let me in to view it. The car is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING with light on it!! For those of you whom are waiting on the SSG, you will love it! It appeared the same as MIT's car did in his outside photo's. It is a very electric color.

Price... After the man opened the door and let me in, he went back to what he was doing; as I proceeded to the showroom and viewed the car uninterrupted & unattended. After I had looked all around/over the car and was about to exit, I thanked the gentleman and told him of the ACR that I had on order. He replied "I'll sell you this SSG for $95,000". So, negotiations could prove beneficial to someone that is serious about the car. For me, I've got my heart set on the ACR and Bill P. has me covered on that!

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just returned from Grapevine Dodge. A Man at the service area (must have been SM) let me in to look at the car in person. The gentleman was VERY nice to have let me in and view the car without crowding me. This was at 10:45PM :headbang:

When I first arrived and saw the SSG through the window, at a distance, I thought it was nice but I was not impressed. I walked around to where the service area was to get a better look and that is when the gentleman offered to let me in to view it. The car is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING with light on it!! For those of you whom are waiting on the SSG, you will love it! It appeared the same as MIT's car did in his outside photo's. It is a very electric color.

Price... After the man opened the door and let me in, he went back to what he was doing; as I proceeded to the showroom and viewed the car uninterrupted & unattended. After I had looked all around/over the car and was about to exit, I thanked the gentleman and told him of the ACR that I had on order. He replied "I'll sell you this SSG for $95,000". So, negotiations could prove beneficial to someone that is serious about the car. For me, I've got my heart set on the ACR and Bill P. has me covered on that!

Did it have dual white stripes?

Price on their website:

New Cars | Grapevine Chrysler Jeep Dodge | Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas - 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 (822000)

is $92,000...

You must of spooked them when you turned them down at 95K!

-J

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that was the one. The only adds were dual white stripes and SSG paint. The sticker was $90,4XX (older base on sticker $84,095) IIRC and had a market adjustment to $100,***.

I told them that they would probably be receiving a lot of traffic because there was a post about it on Viper Club of America. He said that they had 2 people who were really interested in it but they hadn't returned and I said "It's probably because of your market adjustment!". I doubt that they adjusted the price from my interactions with them. If they did, I need to call Bill P. this morning and see if I can work some magic with him :rolaugh: on MY car!!!!

[subliminal message that only Bill P. can read, but not know that he has read it, and works in his mind, to transfer to paper, that will decrease my price, on my ACR order]
Biiiiiiiiiill P. , Robert's ACR should receive Five Thooooooooosand Dooollllaaaaar Diiiiisssscccoooooooouunt...

[/subliminal message]

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so most of you don't like that color...i love it...my 07 ram is that color or very close to it...if i had the extra cash laying around i would be looking at it...or the verts here in ohio...there are two here, or close to here...but just don't have the extra bucks!!!

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan94....guess you and I are in the minority here. I too like the Venom Red and that is what I ordered my coupe in as well.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan94....guess you and I are in the minority here. I too like the Venom Red and that is what I ordered my coupe in as well.

Don't let it bother you. I saw the color, if it was even the color, at the Detroit auto show. Under those lights, it was hard to say yes or no. I saw several at Prefix getting their stripes a few weeks ago--including the raffle car--and the color looked great. Of course, I also like the H wheels.....BTW, my understanding is that more Venom Red cars have been ordered than Snakeskin Green. :2tu:

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey thanks Smog Dog. I would have thought more SSG were ordered than the VR with all the posts that SSG got here. It is VERY difficult to order a car in a color you have not seen in person.

Last edited:

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back to the dealership this morning to show my queen the color. I spoke to a salesman named Don Sandhop. He was very polite and seemed motivated to move the car. I told him what the gentleman last night had offer it for and that another VCA member said he saw it on there site at $92K. His response: "If that's what it's on there for, that is what we will sell it for". If any locals are interested, give him a call; as he stated "there's always room for negotiation".

BTW, For those whom have not sat in a Gen 3/4 coupe, it is MUCH tighter than the GTS! I'm 6'4, 240#, 36" inseam, and may end up replacing the seats in the scheduled ACR, if the lowering seat brackets don't make a significant change. For me, the car is un-drivable, as it is delivered.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went back to the dealership this morning to show my queen the color. I spoke to a salesman named Don Sandhop. He was very polite and seemed motivated to move the car. I told him what the gentleman last night had offer it for and that another VCA member said he saw it on there site at $92K. His response: "If that's what it's on there for, that is what we will sell it for". If any locals are interested, give him a call; as he stated "there's always room for negotiation".

BTW, For those whom have not sat in a Gen 3/4 coupe, it is MUCH tighter than the GTS! I'm 6'4, 240#, 36" inseam, and may end up replacing the seats in the scheduled ACR, if the lowering seat brackets don't make a significant change. For me, the car is un-drivable, as it is delivered.

Did you make it over to Huffhines?

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car that I started this thread about...the VR Coupe, had the buy it now lowered to 83k and change before the auction ended.

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you make it over to Huffines?

No, I was still waiting on confirmation that it was one in stock. I call them and the salesman said "no, but we have both a coupe & vert that should be here in the next week or two". He couldn't tell me what colors or options; as he didn't remember :dunno:

I saw that VR Coupe on ebay. There is also a VR Vert for $84,995