08 hood install ?

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed 08 hood on my 06 SRT. Seemed to line up pretty good. Grounding straps on both sides dont have a hole in 08 hood to attach to. Do you guys just drill one or is my hood different??? Also, to adjust hood do you just loosen nuts attaching to bracket and shift and retighten? Sorry for the stupid ???

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What version of the 08 hood did you get. There are there different ones out there, the Vipair(I have), the Mopar, and the Jeff Lemke Hood. There are minor but noticeable differences between the three. I personally like the Vipar version the best as it looks the most aggressive between the three. Sorry I cant answer your specific question, Dan at DC Performance did the install so maybe he will chime in on this post.
You must be registered for see images attach

With the Vents

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting an 08 hood on my 03 tomorrow. The grounding straps are used on the stock hood for the metallic heat liner on it (between the pad and hood). New hood doesn't have a new pad, so I'm taking my straps off.

Just installed 08 hood on my 06 SRT. Seemed to line up pretty good. Grounding straps on both sides dont have a hole in 08 hood to attach to. Do you guys just drill one or is my hood different??? Also, to adjust hood do you just loosen nuts attaching to bracket and shift and retighten? Sorry for the stupid ???

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any more pics of your car with this hood?

What version of the 08 hood did you get. There are there different ones out there, the Vipair(I have), the Mopar, and the Jeff Lemke Hood. There are minor but noticeable differences between the three. I personally like the Vipar version the best as it looks the most aggressive between the three. Sorry I cant answer your specific question, Dan at DC Performance did the install so maybe he will chime in on this post.

With the Vents

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry not at this time. Stuck in the Desert for the time being and Dan has the car. I will ask him for more pics. Any specific angles?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4