08 stock exhaust onto an 03????

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Gents,

Wondering if I should take off my stock exhaust with the crossover set up and replace it with a true 08 side exhaust system?? Im going to pull the secondary cats as well for better sound. Any comments would be appreciated, especially those of you who have done this....a sound clip would be awesome. I have searched for one and nothing. Thanking you in advance.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Works great, better power, less heat and saves weight.

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Works great, better power, less heat and saves weight.

Thanks Dan. I have purchased it, all of it from the headers to the tips off an 08 with 800 kms for $300. I think I did ok. Im not sure if need to pull the headers. Are the 08s an improvement over the 03 headers?

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No they dont. I was interested in the rest of the exhaust for my 03, but manifold was included. If they fit, I was thinking about switching them as well, but now Ill just wait for someone to post that they have a cracked one on their gen 4 and then I will sell them

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You shouldn't have a problem as I did this but only with the mufflers; kept the original cats through headers. If you went to less cat, it may be louder and drone more than you like. It also spits on startup and while it's warming up! The reduced heat buildup in the cabin is worth it though.

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the old system off and am in the process of putting it back together. Have been delayed as I am in the middle of a new garage build for the snake and it has eaten up most of my free time. Almost done though. I cant wait to button her up and experience the difference. Viperb, I like what Im hearing about yours spitting...more attitude is what Im after. I think I will go with the primary cat and gut the secondary. If I dont like it, I have a "new" set off of the 08 system I can install. You dont happen to have a sound clip do you?

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Udate...Its on and sounds nice..and mean. Its spits too! Pulled the secondary cat as well. The cab is so much cooler. No more roasted feet. Great mod for $300.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456