08 Vert, New Owner

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi I'm Claude, a 54 year old Hotrodder currently driving a 06 Jeep SRT8 with bolt-ons wich did 12.16@113 so far. This summer I went to the SRT Track Experience to try the Vipers and after getting 'The ride' on the track by Ricky Haines, I decided on ordering an 09 Coupe for next spring. As a child who cant wait to get his presents, I checked stock in my state of Quebec, Can. and found there was only one new 08 still available at a Dealer not far from my place. So, last week I went to give it a look, Gorgeous 08 Vert, Black with Silver stripes and matching Black/Silver interior and the 5 spokes wheels that I prefer. I fell in love with it and knew this was the 'ONE'for me, forget the Coupe. Started negociating from a Can MSRP of 101,100 and one hour later left a dizzy salesman with a signed contract for 86,000 ( 81,700 US). Picked it up the next day and haven't stop driving/smiling since.
Winter will soon be coming but I figure on driving it for another 2 months before storing it. Being an occasional Drag racer I will give a good break in then take it to the 1/4 mile track to see what she'll do bone stock. I'm planning on adding Belanger headers for next summer, with filters and Tune if they become available, plus a few interior dress up items and the 1" seat lowering kit. John B, you'll here from me. Here are a few pics, along with my color matching 03 Harley 100th Ann., 06 Jeep and Skidoo Snowmobile.
I've been on this forum for a few months and just love it, so, YES I'll finally become a VCA member.
BTW just did my first mod by adding the SRT sticker.
Claude
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi I'm Claude, a 54 year old Hotrodder currently driving a 06 Jeep SRT8 with bolt-ons wich did 12.16@113 so far. This summer I went to the SRT Track Experience to try the Vipers and after getting 'The ride' on the track by Ricky Haines,I decided on ordering an 09 Coupe for next spring. As a child who cant wait to get his presents, I checked stock in my state of Quebec, Can. and found there was only one new 08 still available at a Dealer not far from my place. So,last week I went to give it a look, Gorgeous 08 Vert, Black with Silver stripes and matching Black/Silver interior,with the 5 spokes wheels that I prefer. I fell in love with it and knew this was the 'ONE'. Started negociating from a Can MSRP of 101,100 and one hour later left a dizzy salesman with a signed contract for 86,000 ( 81,700 US). Picked it up the next day and haven't stop driving/smiling since.
Winter will soon be coming but I figure on driving it for another 2 months before storing it. Being an occasional Drag racer I will give a good break in then take it to the 1/4 mile track to see what she'll do bone stock. I'm planning on adding Belanger headers for next summer,with filters and Tune if they become available. Here are a few pics, along with my color matching 03 Harley 100th Ann., 06 Jeep and Skidoo Snowmobile.
I've been on this forum for a few months and love it, so, YES I'll finally become a VCA member.
Claude

Congrats!!!!! Just to get you started, if you'll put your VIN in your profile, I'll get your status updated to Viper Owner. Just shoot me a PM when you're ready!

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Claude! Your 08 is a beauty. Nice set of fun vehicles, love the bike!

VCA is great and the forums are very educational. Welcome!

Ride safe!
Rob

GlennSullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations, beautiful car.

Remember when you go to the track, you now have a convertible and no roll bar, different NHRA rules!

V

Venomiss

Welcome and beautiful car! May the snow come late for you this year.

Just in case you haven't seen this yet to get information and on their e-mail list for events.

VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA QUEBEC, Home of fastest cars on earth

Since you bought a new 08 in Canada the VCA membership may be different for your first year.
Give JRT a call at 1-800-998-1110 and they can give you answers about it and who should be filling out what to get you rolling. Detroit time and ask for Beth or Kim.

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome And Beautiful Car! May The Snow Come Late For You This Year.

Just In Case You Haven't Seen This Yet To Get Information And On Their E-mail List For Events.

viper Club Of America Quebec, Home Of Fastest Cars On Earth

Since You Bought A New 08 In Canada The Vca Membership May Be Different For Your First Year.
Give Jrt A Call At 1-800-998-1110 And They Can Give You Answers About It And Who Should Be Filling Out What To Get You Rolling. Detroit Time And Ask For Beth Or Kim.

Thanks I Will Join Both
Claude

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the car - very nice!

I can tell that you have yet to 'pull the trigger' since there's no 'shark fin' on the drivers seat!:omg:

Enjoy:)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Claude on an AWESOME color combo/choice of 2008 VIPER!!! WELCOME aboard!
Thanks for the pics, very very nice! ~juli

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update, 1200 miles on the car now, so if weather permits, I'll take her to the track tomorrow, along with the SRT8 Jeep, and see 'What she'll do' down the 1/4 mile.
Claude

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truely Loves the colors Black & Silver, a beautiful color combo, Congrats and good luck.

FLX109

commonsense

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wish I'd been able to get the gray interior! But why lower the seat? You can't rest your arm on the window sill as it is. Raise it an inch! You sit too low in all modern convertibles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang