1.482 60ft time in stock class

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at all the records at V10 nationals site. I may be wrong but, pretty sure this is the guy that ran his car in the stock class and won with a perfect 12.0 et. If I'm right, how does a pure stock Viper get a 1.482 60ft time?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at all the records at V10 nationals site. I may be wrong but, pretty sure this is the guy that ran his car in the stock class and won with a perfect 12.0 et. If I'm right, how does a pure stock Viper get a 1.482 60ft time?

Shouldnt he be deep in the 11's with a 60' like that???? Car cant be stock..

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shouldnt he be in the 11's with a 60' like that????

Heck I was thinking more like 9,s or 10's

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know but he said its stock class so I wasnt thinking that low of an et. If by some freak chance a stock class GTS got a 60' like that it would most certainly be a mid to low 11 sec run..However, even with slicks/i/e/h I dont see a stockish GTS hitting 1.4 60's. Gotta be a glitch..

TURBOZO6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 60 foot is unlikely, there must of been a problem with the censors, the best I ran with my 97 gts was a 1.550 60 foot, thats with 315-35-17 BFG drag radials on a 9.5 in front wheel. The car was all stock the only mod was a lower rear gear. Anyway the best it ran was 11.38 @121.5 backed up with a 11.39 @121.7 with a 1.552 60 foot.

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know but he said its stock class so I wasnt thinking that low of an et. If by some freak chance a stock class GTS got a 60' like that it would most certainly be a mid to low 11 sec run..However, even with slicks/i/e/h I dont see a stockish GTS hitting 1.4 60's. Gotta be a glitch..

I agree

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, that was the real 60' and most thought he was sand bagging.

It says he was running a pure stock class???
Yep he was, you can run any car in the stock class regardless of mods. You just can't break out. I want to say he had NOS, but not too sure on that.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, that was the real 60' and most thought he was sand bagging.

It says he was running a pure stock class???
Yep he was, you can run any car in the stock class regardless of mods. You just can't break out. I want to say he had NOS, but not too sure on that.

Mike is correct. ANY car can run ANY class. Twin turbos "could" run stock class if they wanted to. They would just have to hit the brakes mighty hard before the line.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned before that as he related it me at Columbus, one guy from OH with Pilots was dosing at the line once, ...woke up to see the light was green and just took off without his usual starting line procedure(s). He ran a 1.4_ 60' time; hasn't been able to duplicate it since.

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned before that as he related it me at Columbus, one guy from OH with Pilots was dosing at the line once, ...woke up to see the light was green and just took off without his usual starting line procedure(s). He ran a 1.4_ 60' time; hasn't been able to duplicate it since.

Was his car suppose to be pure stock?

Sand bagging? I guess some people need an ego boost so they do whatever to win a plastic trophy. No pride.

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there. Placed 4th due to inconsistent tranny. I guess after 40K miles its time for a new clutch.
Anyway, I was running 12.03-11.97 on drag radials when I hit every shift. Everyone had drag radials, it seemed. Without, I was running 12.4s in the summer heat. The guy that beat me to make the finals had a supercharged '95 that he was backpedaling pretty hard near the end. The third place finisher was a comp coupe that could run mid to low 11s on race tires. I can't remember the other but "stock" class only means a 12.0 index, not that any of the cars were particularly stock, except for a couple of us "losers".

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody on either this forum or on the Alley has run a high 1.3 on a very mild Viper - if I recall it only had headers and basic stuff like that.... nobody has been able to duplicate it and the guy who did it had some trick on how he could pre-load the rear tires before launch.... which sounds pretty tough on a clutch

therefore the 1.4 60 footer is possible if still freakish.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some guys pre-load the driveline by using the line lock and launching the same time they release. Too many things for me to think about at the same time. ;)

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score

FE 065 you might be talking about my run at Norwalk last year. Your right it never happen again. The car was stock HP (400 rw)at the time,but it did have a 3.73 or 4.10 rear. I was shifting five time in the 1/4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32