10.4 AFR, 5908 RPMs, 6.3 Boost, 69 TPS

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at a old datalog that I did before winter came. I've been wanting to get down and let Doug do his magic but have not had time yet. So I figured I would take a look and see if I can learn some stuff before I get down to him.

Logging System: Zeitronix v3.0.5
Split Second
510 stoker with Paxton
02 RT/10
Car made 767rwhp on this tune.

Below is a interstate pull that I think I did in 3rd. Can't really remember as it was months ago. Just listing the numbers at the highest boost. Not sure if it tells you anything but wanted to post it up. Where should my AFR be at this RPM and boost?

AFR: 10.4
RPM: 5908
Boost: 6.3
TPS: 69

My split second went out on me so had to get a new one which Doug did a safe program on. Have yet to do a datalog on it. Hope to this weekend if it does not rain. :drive:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at a old datalog that I did before winter came. I've been wanting to get down and let Doug do his magic but have not had time yet. So I figured I would take a look and see if I can learn some stuff before I get down to him.

Logging System: Zeitronix v3.0.5
Split Second
510 stoker with Paxton
02 RT/10
Car made 767rwhp on this tune.

Below is a interstate pull that I think I did in 3rd. Can't really remember as it was months ago. Just listing the numbers at the highest boost. Not sure if it tells you anything but wanted to post it up. Where should my AFR be at this RPM and boost?

AFR: 10.4
RPM: 5908
Boost: 6.3
TPS: 69

My split second went out on me so had to get a new one which Doug did a safe program on. Have yet to do a datalog on it. Hope to this weekend if it does not rain. :drive:
There is something wrong, the TPS should not be at 69%. In addition, you need a log not a single point, however, 10.4 is too rich.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I haven't really learned the system yet. Need to figure out a way to post the log. Will study up on that tonight. And yes I'm running very rich! Feel sorry for the people behind me if I go wot. Ha

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd check your TPS voltage at idle and wot. Sounds like the car doesn't know what wot is. If Doug is doing it then you are in good hands. I believe boosted cars should be around 11.5-12 a/f in open loop or wot. Just learning all this myself. Keep us posted.
Sal

Rain tomorrow so no Coffee and Cars that I know of.

Reaction score
Jon,

The peak boost number appears low as well as the throttle percentage, so I'm "guessing" you may have been slightly lifting off of the throttle. Especially, because you were at 5900 rpm. This may indicate why the a/f was rich and the throttle percentage is low.

We need a broader view of your log files to help understand more.

Anytime I can assist you let me know!

Good Luck!! :drive:

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Doug, can't really remember but I say I was lifting off. It's kind of hard to find a safe location to go WOT with this car. ha

I'm going to log it again this week. What gear do you run in when you are logging and at what RPMs do you go full throttle to? This way I can get a good read out for you guys. Thanks!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Doug, can't really remember but I say I was lifting off. It's kind of hard to find a safe location to go WOT with this car. ha

I'm going to log it again this week. What gear do you run in when you are logging and at what RPMs do you go full throttle to? This way I can get a good read out for you guys. Thanks!

3000-5500 in second or third will give you a good log. in other words maintain a little under 3000, then, go wot. Then you can refine it at the drag strip. You may need sticky tires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21