10 years ago today.....TRAGEDY

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 years ago today a day will live in infamy, my good friend and a hero to the Viper community Paul Mumford (PMUM) was tragically taken away way too early in his life at the age of 32 by a plane crash. He was not only a champion race car driver buy a genuinely nice guy. I was at Laguna Seca when he won the WCGT race, the day before the race he cut his practice short and flew down to pick me up and bring me to the track and after his victory, with the trophy sitting on my lap we flew home. It turns out ironically that was his last flight he took until the day he crashed on takeoff to an Oakland As playoff game.

He really was a great guy, he told me on the flight home that he was going to ask his girlfriend Bridgette to marry him, such a shame what a waste. I went to the memorial and the funeral in Victorville, it was a huge gathering. I tried to console his girlfriend and told her of his intent to ask her to marry her, he had not asked her yet and she was pretty blown away. There is a memorial bolder and plaque at the top of the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, if you ever go there you can pay your respects to him there.

If you have a chance today say a prayer for him today.. Here are some pictures the day in September when he won the WCGT at Laguna Seca...........except for the last one.

RIP PMUM Oct. 1st 2003

You must be registered for see images attach

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ron. Hard to believe that it was already 10 years ago. Will always remember all of us going to his funerals

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. That was touching. A life and talent taken too early!

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ron. Hard to believe that it was already 10 years ago. Will always remember all of us going to his funerals

Hi Luc, it's been a while. Yeah hard to believe it has been 10 years, that was a huge turn out at his Memorial and Funeral, the great ones always pass on too young.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mumzo!! PMUMhenge - indeed a legendary landmark at Laguna! Thanks again for lending me your gloves that day, Ron (the feller still had me covered, though!).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456