100% SERIOUS WARNING !! Bobby Archer !! WARNING!!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly hate that it has come to this, but while I am sure I am going to be fine due to my banks involvement, I want to warn everyone based on a dealing I have had with Bobby Archer. I honestly can't believe it has come to this, but I have always looked out for my fellow Viper owners, so I will post this, if you just want to hate me because I am trying to possibly protect fellow owners, then you just dont get me. I gain nothing by sharing my story, other then to have someone think twice, before engaging in a similar transaction. Here is an email I sent to My current Carolina's VCA president and my past, just to make sure I wasnt being unreasonable:

(DISCLAIMER: I am not speaking for Randy or Janni in any way, as to wether or not they support me on this, I am simply using this email I sent to them because it pretty much sums up what I have to say"

Addressed to Janni Cone and Randy Cade:

"Do I get all the bad luck or what (unless im racing Janni, then I win ;-) ), so I need your help if possible, because I think you guys would rather me contact you before I post on viper club.

Janni, I know you know about my attempt at buying "like new" wheels from Bobby Archer. But I will expand on the details for both your and Randy.

I attempted to buy a set of "like new, never been tracked, no issues" VRL wheels and tires from Bobby Archer (who I spoke with and ordered directly from) at an agreed upon price of $3250.00, Janni and Henry were going to pick them up in Texas from Bobby to save the cost of shipping. When Janni spoke to Bobby that weekend, he told her that one of the wheels was tweaked, and that he would contact me to discuss. Well he never called me, so I called him. When I did, he explained that he had not known the wheels were bent when he gave me their description of "like new, never been tracked, no issues" (because they never checked them, until it was time to mount tires on them). Well, Bobby wanted me to hold on while he investigated from the source he bought them from, what had happen to them. He said he would call me back in 1 hour. I think I waited about 3, and then finally called him back, and he explained he still hadn't been able to get in touch with the individual he bought them from. At that point, I explained to Bobby, that I just wasn't comfortable with this deal anymore, and I would rather just terminate the order, and have my money back. He agreed to it, and I had assumed it was over.

Incidentally, when bobby originally attempted to charge my Credit Card for the $3250.00, he accidentally did it for $32.50, and then had one of his guys call me, and tell me they credited my $32.50 money back, and then recharged my account for $3250.00, the significance in this, is that I noticed with 24 hours the credit for $32.50 showed up. So two weeks after no credit showed up on the card for the $3250.00, I called back, and left Bobby a vmail. No response, no credit. I called again, a week later, left another message (each time, leaving complete details of the issue). No response. Then again, 1 more time I tried and left a vmail. Still no responses. A month went by and nothing, so when my credit card statement came in, and the amount still hadn't been refunded, I began the process of disputing the charge. In a last attempt to avoid being in a negative situation with Bobby Archer, I called praying SOMEONE would answer the phone. This time they did, so last week, I spoke to a guy, who said he was the original guy that found out the wheels were bad and was the one who told bobby that they had issues. He also told me, he knew of the messages I had left for bobby (which really pissed me off, because it meant they got them, and never responded). But he promised he would personally deliver the message to Bobby that I was now going to move forward with a disputed item charge back, and that I was giving them one last chance to make good on giving me my money back. He even thanked me for giving Bobby this one last shot, and said Bobby is a great guy, but had made mistakes before like over charging customers at the track, and that when its identified by the customer, Bobby will refund the overage. He felt that Bobby would appreciate my attempt, and swore either he or Bobby would contact me by days end. That was on Thursday, and it never happen, and Friday came and went, nothing.

So I give up, I did send the form in to dispute the charge, I am very pissed at Bobby over this whole thing, but my next step is to post this on Viper Club, I am that **********, that I did EVERYTHING possible to give him an opportunity to prove he is a stand up guy. Now I want to post that I had an issue with him, a $3250 issue, which I think some might agree is significant. I will get my money back on this one, I am not in the least bit worried about it, my Bank has assured me, based on the complete details I have given.

If you guys want to call him, and try to sort this out, great, I am posting this issue, if Bobby doesn't step up. I know its going to start some [******] by me doing it, and everyone is going to chime in on how much they love bobby and all the great stuff he does, but I'll put my flak suit on, and still do it, I think its wrong what he is doing.

Jon"

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad you used your credit card on that one, I agree you will definitely get your money back. I hate seeing stories like this, especially when they are about site sponsors. I'm sure B.A. will chime in to clear the air and hopefully learn from this bad publicity. Hope things turn out OK.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks this is not an isolated incident. I have very discretly PM'd folks when they were considering potential shops to perform work on their Vipers. I have first hand experience of a very reminicent incident. Only mine cost me a lot of $ and much grief.

I will not provide the details here, but if anyone wants specifics, I will be happy to PM them.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had similar incident with Bobby Archer also. I was at a Viper Days event, Had Good years mounted on my wheels. I brought with me a set of the Hoosiers that are need to run Viper Days. Took the set over to the Archer trailer to be mounted on my wheels. I was informed by Bobby that the Hoosiers i had were recalled. Could not use these tires. Had to purchase a new set from Bobby. After i spent my $$$ i ran into an Engineer with the Comp Coupe program. Since i was told the tires were recalled i asked that he take them back since they were recalled & were not allowed to run with them on the CC. He was very puzzled. Called a few contacts at Dodge & Hoosier....Nothing wrong with the tires. He spoke with Bobby in a private conversation. Suggested i try to work something out with Bobby. Bobby did not offer any way to work this out. So i spent unnecessary money for a product i did not need so Bobby Archer could get a sale. Too bad Bobby Archer is the only person you can buy the Comp Coupe Hoosier Tires from.

I also purchased other goodies at the track during this time. Promised he would send them out 1 day after his return to Texas. Took 1 month & lots of phone calls. I paid cash....I no longer pay cash for anything....No recourse.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes about 30 seconds (or less) to credit a refund back to someones cc card. This is all just stalling ********. I have an Internet business and we issue credits on returns and things instantaneously. There is no excuse, it's not a paperwork foul-up, it's just being dishonest.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the Support guys, I really expected to get lambasted for telling my story. But trust me, this is 100% legitimate, its not a mistake. I have recieved 2 responses from folks over this one already telling me, they too have had issues with Bobby. I think I did the right thing now, because I think its VERY important when issues like this arrise, if they are not handled apporpiately the rest of the family needs to know, to protect themselves.

Thank you everyone.

Jon

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are getting specialized in selling scrap ...
I had issues with them at VIO 8 in Dallas.
Regarding breaks and air filter.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
Thanks for sharing with us. I had been in a similar situation with another tuner in the past and also felt that people should know, so they don't go into any deals blindly. We are one big family and if someone is screwing people we all should know about it. I hope your situation gets resolved quickly.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks this is not an isolated incident. I have very discretly PM'd folks when they were considering potential shops to perform work on their Vipers. I have first hand experience of a very reminicent incident. Only mine cost me a lot of $ and much grief.

I will not provide the details here, but if anyone wants specifics, I will be happy to PM them.
Please provide the details HERE. We just might have another HEN-NESSY thread.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
Thanks for sharing with us. I had been in a similar situation with another tuner in the past and also felt that people should know, so they don't go into any deals blindly. We are one big family and if someone is screwing people we all should know about it. I hope your situation gets resolved quickly.

EXACTLY MARK. I am a little more pissed now, and somewhat appeciative. I am getting pm's of people who tell me Bobby did something bad to them too, that they too got screwed. But since Bobby is well liked/respected, they never posted about it. Well that mindset BLOWS ME AWAY. Its when people dont talk, that others can keep getting screwed. So at this point, this is what I am going to respond to people who (yes, while secretly supporting me, arent doing the right thing for the whole family):

"Please, then why the hell dont people post about this then? Including you. I am getting pm's telling me simular issues, but people arent being man enough to do the right thing. I'd rather just not get these pm's then, because it means my family is weaker then I am. I see an injustice, I speak out about it, to protect us all. When we are silent, it gives these people and opportunity to keep taking advantage of us.

Jon"

-Jon

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon, sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident. I am sure that this will be resolved fast. as far as bobby archer is concerned, " i for one can not comment. i have never delt with the man and there fore i will not.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided never to do business with them again when they tried to charge me $200 to swap REAR wheels with tires already mounted from my car to my buddy's car. I was at the track, so I didn't have any tools on hand. That takes all of 10 freakin minutes! I would probably do it for free if it was my business! I don't expect that, but $200 is absolutely rediculous!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear about your bad luck bro, I have never done business with Bobby so I honestly have no idea how he is.

Good luck and it sounds like everything will get worked out

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm very surprises having met Bobby and have done business with him. I have had drinks with him and I admit I don't know him really well. I have to say he was always a gentleman at and away from the track. So needless to say I'm surprised.
Also I'm not saying what Jon has posted is not true, but I will say that there is three sides to every story.
Being a business man, which I know alot of you are too, there are always unforseens that enter into the picture.
I would like to hear a response from the other party involved.
Often problems are a result of miscommunication and I hope that is the case here even though it appears pretty cut and dry.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided never to do business with them again when they tried to charge me $200 to swap REAR wheels with tires already mounted from my car to my buddy's car. I was at the track, so I didn't have any tools on hand. That takes all of 10 freakin minutes! I would probably do it for free if it was my business! I don't expect that, but $200 is absolutely rediculous!

Viper Tax at its finest!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a Bobby Archer and a Tommy Archer. Tommy Archer (Archer Racing) is at Viperdays and I've had great experiences with him. I just hope one of them isn't getting a bad rap.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a Viper Days event and had my clutch fluid drained and filled. While I was there I had a clinging noise going on. The mechanic they had doing the fluid on my car told me what it was and that it would take about an hour to fix, not a big deal and they could do it really quick but I had to speak with Archer himself. He came over and said it would take 4 hours labor alone and I said forget it! I looked at the mechanic and he just shrugged his shoulders.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far he sounds like a great guy to deal with....NOT.

Jon-
You will have no problem getting your money back, just be thankful you used a credit card and didn't get some special "cash" price. When a card is disputed the merchant has to file paperwork and explain the story. He sounds like his case is indefensible. if he doesn'r file the paperwork, you win by default. He won't.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a Bobby Archer and a Tommy Archer. Tommy Archer (Archer Racing) is at Viperdays and I've had great experiences with him. I just hope one of them isn't getting a bad rap.

Thanks for the clarification... I just read "Archer" and assumed it was the same entity.

It seems that only the really good or really bad venders sponsor this site. The good like to sponsor everything Viper, and the bad need more victims to sucker. Hard to tell who's who. The people in between that are pretty good and honest tend to mind their own business and seem to still do well without sponsoring here.

Jon- posts like yours is really the only way the rest of us can find out about the crooks. It's just too bad you had to suffer from it first.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay Jon ... I have thought about it and will provide details tonight. At this point (I'm at lunch and am swamped the rest of the day) all I'll say is that I put Bobby Archer in the same category as our good friend Scott at Elite in Tampa.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an update, I received a call from Craig from Bobby Archer’s. After Bobby and Craig found out about this post. He stated that they put through the credit this morning, and that this matter was simply an oversight, and a lesson learned for them. I have not as of yet seen the credit back on my credit card, but I will update you folks once I have. Craig has been the only responsive party in all of this, so I appreciate his involvement, he seems to be the intermediary for Bobby and this issue. Whatever Bobby’s lesson learned from this was is his, but I am sure you all know what mine is.

For those who were in doubt, there was only one side to this story, and I presented it accurately and fairly.

Jon

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oversight.... :rolleyes: What is Randy Cades username here? I think he used to work on a business project with me like 7 years ago!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And another genius ruins his reputation thinking he could somehow get away with this scam by ignoring you. Just amazing the level of stupidity considering how small the Viper community is.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it's amazing how they spring into action when they start getting some bad publicity. I'm glad it worked, but it really shouldn't have to come to that.