1087 rw hp Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** right.. you gotta give it to Toyota - the Supra sure plays hard with the V8s 10s and 12s, considering it's only a 3L straight six! Impressive engine, Getrag box and diff. Great value for money too.. about the cheapest way around to get 800rwhp. When is someone going to really go all out on the Viper with a worked bottom and top, huge *** twins and pump out 1500?

Hmmmm a plan forms...

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only is the tranny in the Supra stronger but the ZF tranny on the ZR1 you wished you owned is also stronger than the Vipers. In fact by your logic the Viper tranny must not be that tough as it's the same tranny as the Camaro/Firebirds that were in the low 300 foot pound range use. As far as clutches, who cares? I have not run a stock clutch in any performance car in years, I said stock tranny and rear end (8.8" ring gear on the Supra BTW). Toyota overbuilt the car for a reason, to keep their reputation of building quality cars.

As for racing, Supras are indeed raced in Japan in the JGTC series and they do compete with Skylines, NSX's, Vipers, Ferraris, Lamborghinis and yes McLaren F1's. And guess what? The Supra are one of the dominat cars. I normally wouldn't bring something like this up because most of these cars don't resemble the street cars and the race GTSR vipers you mention don't run the same clutch as the stock Viper. By the way rumor has it that the TT viper has a 200 shot of NOS, not 75 HP. But I still think it is very impressive.

Now go back to dreaming of owning a 13 second ZR1
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:
Supra,

Now your saying the tranny, rear end (powertrain basically) on the supra is stronger than a Viper. That's makes sense. A 300lb ft of torque car (OEM) has a stronger powertrain than a nearly 500 lb ft torque car (OEM). That's why these ALL these 9 sec vipers running around are still on their STOCK clutch! And how many times has a viper won the FIA GT2 championship in international road racing not only in the states but all over europe (while toyota supra's where non-existant in the relm of "professional" competition, they where NEVER anything, they never will be) I could go on and on stating how many times the blunt nosed, front heavy, high center of gravity, heavy weight, supra TRIED to be competitive in pro-racing but fell flat on their face (and I don't mean ocassional amateur club racing or SCCA either, where Vipers still dominate) but I'll just stop it as there's NO convincing a bonified fanatic at the shortcomings of their car. I bet the next statement you'll make is how a modded supra at a track somewhere in the world beat a Mclaren F1 on a racetrack, and rightly so becuase "toyota" made a better car, what does Mclaren know about building quick cars anyway...LOL ! (Sadly, you'll HONESTLY read posts like these on the "supraforum.com" all the time)

I got a brillant idea, we'll talk about Vipers on the "Viper Forum" and whoever can talk about how supras are faster than F-14's with the afterburners ON becuase they managed a 10-sec time at the strip for the "supraforum.com"...deal ? lol.
smile.gif
smile.gif

1087 RWHP at 12 PSI w/ a SMALL shot on a bone stock N/A bottom end, I mean COME ON, let go of it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supra guys:

Scenario #1 (While he owns the car): I put together my 650 RWHP TT Supra - stock motor - only $5,000 in mods. It will blow anything away, blah, blah, blah......

Scenario #2 (When he needs to sell car): Selling my 650 RWHP Supra. Over $30,000 in mods. A list a mile long.......

*Don't believe me? Look on the Supra board at the high HP Supra's for sale.

****Bottom line: 95% of Viper owners don't give a rats as* about Supra's. Small motor, Turbo lagg'in, dyno queens, only good for peak HP cars need not apply. Go away kid, you bother me...

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are truly funny
smile.gif
Now the JGTC is setup so only a Supra or Skyline can win, never mind that anything Toyota or Nissan can do any other manufacturer can also do to their cars.

For the record the fastest lap ever recorded at Lemans was done by a Toyota, food for thought......

Oh and nobody here, or in any other forum, believes that you know much about racing
smile.gif

By the way, you still haven't told us what YOUR own car has ever run or dynoed, after all you keep saying how much of a POS my 874 RWHP mid 10 second car on drag radials off NOS is....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:
Onerareviper,

Thank you, couldn't have put it better myself.

Supra, your comments about the road racing credentials of the supra once again are hilarious. The Japanese GTC, lol. That's a totally bias racing series catered totally toward japanese cars, thats why it has NO popularity around the world or credibility and is regulated to a Japanese-only event/series.(i.e. the rules allow tube framed, altered suspension mounting points, liberal turbo assist limits, etc, etc. for the sylines $ supras specifically, (Japan's flagship sportcars), while imposing the regular strict guidlines for the "REAL" supercars (Mclarens, F40s, 911turbos, etc) ...otherwise they would in NO way be remotely competitive to the 2200 lb, carbon fiber chassis, Mclaren built, 5000 HR wind tunnel tested, Mclaren F1 GTR which have a DIRECT relationship with the actual production Mclaren F1 road car. Your forgetting your talking to a guy who knows road racing (and racing in general) more than your used to answering to (i.e. 16 year-old boys beatin' off to your peak dyno numbers on the "supraforum.com") You may be some sorta "god" on that forum but you don't even make the "top 10" on this site, just how it is when you compare your car to a superior platform. Get over it.

S.W.,

I hear your point, I AM on the vette forum as well, but most (if not all) of my regular posts on this forum always relate to "Viper performance" becuase frankly, it's the "king of the hill." I mean, look at the title of this very thread for christ sakes, LOL. 1087 RWHP. And that on a N/A bone stock bottom end and ONLY 12 PSI. I want to see our first 1400+ RWHP (gasoline) Vipers prowl the streets on a built motor. Thats why Im here. It's truly amazing.

All take care...
smile.gif
smile.gif

PS: A comment I just wanted to adjust on a previous post of mine; 911's dominate the SCCA and club racing circuits (including professional competition as well) followed by Vipers, BMW M3's, etc...I failed to mention that
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
S.W.,

I hear your point, I AM on the vette forum as well, but most (if not all) of my regular posts on this forum always relate to "Viper performance" becuase frankly, it's the "king of the hill." I mean, look at the title of this very thread for christ sakes, LOL. 1087 RWHP. And that on a N/A bone stock bottom end and ONLY 12 PSI. I want to see our first 1400+ RWHP (gasoline) Vipers prowl the streets on a built motor. Thats why Im here. It's truly amazing.(quote)

Wrong..., 12psi race gas + N.O.S. After all, it's only a 8.0 liter V10, twin-turbo and N.O.S.

SW

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh......This Viper vs Supra argument will never die.....SW since you own both cars which one do you prefer????I would imagine the Supra since its faster than your Viper....

I like both cars tho I do like the Viper a bit more....Both are very capable cars....Dont know why people have to declare one above the other....We all know that stock for stock its a wash in favor of the Viper..But mod for mod they are pretty much on the same level....Unless,like previously stated, you build the v10 up then its over...I would like to see these mythical 1500hp Vipers do some numbers at the track...It should very eye opening...

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SnakeBitten:
Sigh......This Viper vs Supra argument will never die.....SW since you own both cars which one do you prefer????I would imagine the Supra since its faster than your Viper....

I like both cars tho I do like the Viper a bit more....Both are very capable cars....Dont know why people have to declare one above the other....We all know that stock for stock its a wash in favor of the Viper..But mod for mod they are pretty much on the same level....Unless,like previously stated, you build the v10 up then its over...I would like to see these mythical 1500hp Vipers do some numbers at the track...It should very eye opening...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like each car for it's own purpose. Yes, this argument will never die, mainly because people think cars are fast because of the dyno"number" they make. I actually like my white C5 the best.I have over 3000 track miles on it. It only makes 420rwh but, I enjoy driving it. Anyone can claim the big number, but until you prove it at the track, it's just a number..

SW

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't take any of my comments as meaning that I believe the Supra to be superior to the Viper, they both have their plusses. An you are 100% right, 100% stock the Viper is quite a bit faster. I happen to love both cars and will get a Viper when my finances allow me to get one and keep my Supra. Prior to buying my current Supra (5th of 7 I have had) I almost bought a Viper GTS
smile.gif
And yes a built bottom end Viper taken to the limits would make an absurd amount of HP.

By the way, it is ok to like both cars, I know several people (at least a dozen) that own both cars or have owned both cars and liked them both as well as other cars, 911's, Vettes, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SnakeBitten:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all that is left of this topic is posts making fun of children with handicaps; then clearly the thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62