danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to cast a negative light at all on this accomplishment, but would you mind listing any significant issues you have had to correct with the car (assuming you are the original owner). I just want to know as I hope to get a 94-95 Viper before too long. Congrats on all the fun!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Joe!

I wish to do the same on mine soon, currently only at 40K...
For me the 108K sounds like lots of good memories and happy miles!

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I am working hard to catch up with you almost 10,000 miles on my car the first year. I am at 35k as of now.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe,
That's cool you have all those miles....maybe someday I will catch up...Im at 45k now..
BTW: How were you able to get so many miles on that thing....Is it "Vipair" equipped?? :)
(Whats for dinner)

Cheers,

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 57k on mine, and would love to see 108k! I'm not sure if I'll own it long enough to get there, but its nice knowing the engines are capable of having those type miles on them. The way some people drive these things twice a year, you'd think they blew up at 20k miles

Reaction score
And I'll bet it still drives as great as when I drove it last year!! Is it still up for grabs, or did that sour things (last year) and help you decide to keep it?

OP
OP
J

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,
I haven't tried to sell it since the "kid buyer" event last year. ;-)
Not that I was really trying even then.

I guess I'd sell it but from some of the prices I've seen I just don't think anyone would pay enough for me to consider selling it.
Wasn't there a nice looking red gen1 on the board here last week, with half my miles, going for $26k?

Anyway,
those asking about problems and needed fixup.
I bought mine from a guy who didn't take any special care of it. He just used it like a regular car.
He had the engine replaced under warranty at 95k.
I replaced EVERYTHING else.
Well, not the trans, but really everything else. New paint, interior, 3.55 rear, wheels......A never ending list.

It does look very nice and drives great.

Don't ever consider buying a Viper and fixing it up.
You will pay much more than if you just bought a nice one at the fair, going price.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what the highest mileage on the original engine is on a car that is still going?

OP
OP
J

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of the policy, it belonged to the other guy at the time. It was an extended warranty.
I could dig it out if you really want to know.

I have the paperwork from the dealer who did the engine change, over $14k!!

The kid buyer event was all played out right here on this site.
A young fellow had been posting for over a year. He wasn't a kid, but just out of school and living at home.

He was looking for a Viper and I mentioned that I'd sell him mine and .......

So a couple of nice VCA members came to my house in MD and looked the car over for him.
He said he would buy it and I ended up helping him with his credit union regs by sending him the title, signed over to him, before I got a cent.

I was going to pick him up at the airport, put him up for the night and he was going to drive it home to Chicago, I think.

Anyway, he backed out at the last second, a day before he was to fly down here.

He posted some BS about why he changed his mind, but the bottom line turned out to be that his Mom wouldn't let him buy it.

I did get my title back. I had to take it to the MD DMV and get a replacement title because his name was on the original.

I was fairly pi$$ed but after a day or so I calmed down. I really didn't care if I sold the car so it wasn't any loss that he didn't buy it.

But the young guy never came back to the site. Perhaps his Mom changed the password. ;-)

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe, that young kid reminds of the time I was selling a vette to a guy that drove up in a new cadillac. He said, "consider the car sold" and he wanted to show it to his wife. He left his cadillac here and disappeared with my car for 4-5 hours. Long story short, he never bought the car. I will never have anyone ever test drive my car again even if he allows me to be a passenger. Either they are the passenger or no sale. I learned my lesson.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_