12.33 @ 115 Thanks TOOOFST

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks TOOOFST for your tip on shifting in my last post. Just got back from the track very hot 95 deg and ran an 12.33@115 with a 1.91 60' thanks to TOOOFST's tip on shifting. It's so much better than I was doing before. I think i can hit a high 11 with more practice. Below is his tip for those who missed it.

>>Here's a shift tech tip,It takes the force,you gotta believe.When full throttle is engaged,pull very,very ******* the shifter toward next gear,so when you touch that clutch (bang)she's in gear faster than you can back off the clutch.I pull nearly as hard as I can (you'll never pull out of gear).This is used for all gears,as soon as 2nd is engaged,immediatly shift elbow down and tight to your side and start pushing hard,you'll lower odds of missing that tough 3rd gear and be there .10's faster.Now you can focus on swiftly release/engage of gas/clutch.If your totally paronoid,try this on any ****** with a stick ,works just the same.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone check out his site,spectacular job.The student beats the teacher by .o1."Mes" let us know your dyno results.The 11's is @ the 60ft,ofcourse the hardest spot.Check out my post on "dyno,time slips" using the water box.There's another good post to read also.Lookin Good
aysmile.gif

OP
OP
M

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did get it dyno'ed was not as good as I would have hoped the best was 423HP 454TQ SAE Corrected Dynojet. I'm going to try it again in week or so. I had just reset the computer so it only had about 30 miles on it before the dyno. The air filters were also filled with sand
crying.gif
I live down a dirt/sand road out in the boonies
laugh.gif
I checked them after the dyno and have since cleaned them. I did 5 pulls 3 with stock computer and 2 with VEC1 in about 45 min so the engine never cooled down that much.

The best 2 were with the VEC1 about 6HP and 8TQ over stock computer with (+8 -16) and 4HP 7TQ (+4 -16) I didn't try any more because the temp gauge was at the 2nd slash past the 190 mark (half way between 190 & 250)