1969 Dodge Charger R/T

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wizard, that would be a 1970 challenger t/a *340* 6 pack or for plymouth fans a 340 aar 'cuda 6bbl. t/a's and aar did have hemi bodies though...

all street legal hemis were sold with 2x4bbls.

jason

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just thinking the hemi's didn't come with the 6pack did they? My dad had a 69 charger with a 383. He ordered in new, wanted a big block and could not convience my mom to spend the extra # for the 440 or 426. Seeing how I was just born and we were living in a one bedroom apartment...ahh the good old days. I like the look the the new charger (except the 4 doors) are they planning on producing it?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hemi's were usualy cross ramed 2x4bbls. There were no 6pak setups from factory. The only 440's to have a single 4bbl were GTXs and Winged cars.

The charger you see above was a concept car. Dodge has planed to make *A* charger, but not that one.. which absolutely ROCKED up close! You can tell the viper influence in it as well. The back doors are hardly noticable in the prototype version (suicde doors).

68 chargers are my fav... intro year for the new style, and round lights.

MM

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race Hemis were cross-rams. Nascar were single quad. Street were in-line dual quads. 440 six-pack showed up in '69.5 on RR's and Coronet Super Bees. Last year was '71 for this option (by now offered on GTX, 'Cudas, Challengers and Chargers, as well. Plus a Dart Demon or two out of Mr. Norm's in Chicago). Resident expert Mark O could likely go into greater detail re: this stuff.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to see a Charger in action see these two classic movies.... Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (69 Charger) and one of the best car chases on film Steve McQueens Bullit (68 Charger)

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My old rear end blew up so I replaced it with some B body out of a wagon. I would like to find a 323 complete drum to drum rear end maybe with a sway bar like the old one. Thanks for any ideas, I've been looking for a while and I would like to start driving it again.
cool.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang