1994 RT/10 Satin Rims/Polished

Dave B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the RT/10 (1994) stock satin rims be polished to get the chrome look to them? Or do I need to purchase compeletely new ones?

Dave

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine polished up, and they came up pretty good, didn't have a clearcoat laquar put on just left them natural, which was ok as long as they were dried/cleaned after been wet, can send you some photo's if you wish

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this on a second pair of rims I have. I remember another thread on this and hearing that; Most places will not guarantee the finish (not interested). Fearing there may be some pits in the aluminum that were filled in while painting. I would be interested to hear how they turn out if you do it.

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine done back when I had my 94. I had them polished then had them chromed. When you do the polish you have to keep on them all the time.
The chrome was ok but the center caps started to peel after a while. Get them chromed if you can.

Ross

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ruin the finish sell them to me cheap...I'm looking for cheap 17" rear only rims for dragging. Haven't found any under $300.

Clown Shoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had mine chromed by California Chrome Wheel and they are awesome looking. Price was right, (cheaper than polish) turnaround time great and a two year warranty against defects. What more can you ask for?

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ghetto,

Was going that route and then decided to go with 547 HRE's instead. By the way if anybody interested I still have my oem 96 silver rims with tires up for sale!

adam

Clown Shoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Adam Ill pick them up tommorrow if the first sgreed price is the same. After all in your garage thet are worthless.
Ghetto