1994 rt/10 speaker upgrade

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what speakers do you suggest for upgrading my 94's on the doors and subs in the back? I want exact fit replacements if they make any decent ones.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JL Audio are the big boys

Rockford fosgate are great midlevel brand

JBL - Pioneer are good lower end ( but still great sound )

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Ditto what Tim721 and Phil said - Did the Sony's for the look (I did have to shave the back of the speaker grill down a bit so that they would fit flush):
5122Rear_Speakers.jpg

I did use the original amps in the trunk but I beleive they are the weakest link in the system. Tried to locate some small replacement amps, but most I saw out there were on the large size. Still sounds alot better than stock and I love having an mp3 player in the Rockford Fosgate head unit I put in (again for the looks) - POSER mods for now.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I used JL Audio 6" subs which fit stock holes. I had Alpine separates put in the doors. They are the standard 6 1/2" instead of the 5 1/4" speakers that were stock in my '95 RT/10. With a new Alpine deck, it sounds GREAT! I can cruise on the freeway at 70 mph with windows and top off and the music is crisp and clear - not distorted at all.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The previous owner of my car put this high end system in it.
About 3K from what he told me. Kenwood Excellon for the deck & amps. Speakers was all custom stuff. This is my sub :

3989DSC00539.JPG

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jeffdai,
Just something for you to consider. I replaced my 2 rear "subs", if you can call 6 1/2 inch speakers subs. I don't know about you, but with the top off, and/or windows out, there is so much wind and road noise, that I have the balance shifted primarily to the rear speakers to hear next to my ear(s). All I was getting was the lows because of the crossover (capacitor). All this said, I replaced my 2 rears with full range (dual cone speaker/coax speaker, whatever you call them) speakers that had a GOOD low end, and loose the capacitor crossover. Now with the balance to the rear, I hear the "full range" of the sound/music. Oh, the stock amp driving the rears knows no difference.
Good luck,

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jeffdai,
Just something for you to consider. I replaced my 2 rear "subs", if you can call 6 1/2 inch speakers subs. I don't know about you, but with the top off, and/or windows out, there is so much wind and road noise, that I have the balance shifted primarily to the rear speakers to hear next to my ear(s). All I was getting was the lows because of the crossover (capacitor). All this said, I replaced my 2 rears with full range (dual cone speaker/coax speaker, whatever you call them) speakers that had a GOOD low end, and loose the capacitor crossover. Now with the balance to the rear, I hear the "full range" of the sound/music. Oh, the stock amp driving the rears knows no difference.
Good luck,

Agreed. Replace the <horrible> stock amps with a quality unit, and go 3 or 4 way in the rear speakers.