1994 viper question

tristan rizzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper,
I have a 94 viper - and dare I say it I don't think I could add anymore mods to the engine (no NOS or FI) I am hoping to get around 530-570 hp to the rear tires when I get it back. My motor should be done in the next month, and I will post the dyno pulls. If you have any questions let me know - the following are my mods
68mm Throttle Bodies
Extrude Honed Intake
Stage III heads (flow 302)
Hipo Cam
Full roller rockers (shaft mounted)
Headers
3" exhaust no cats (borla XR-1's)
Crower rods (rated to 700hp)
Ross Racing Pistons (stock compression/coated)
Fully balanced and blueprinted engine
Aluminum radiator
Dual Fans
180 degree thermostate
8.5mm plug wires
short throw shifer
3.45 rear end
(I know I need breaks)

I am sure I forgot some stuff - but I can tell you with the heads and exhaust alone it pulled like a train at 150 mph...

Tristan

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy at our local drag strip runs 12.3 in his GenI Viper (I think its a 94 also).

His car is pretty much stock, but he is a pretty good driver. 113mph is enough to get into the low 12's. You can modify the car for 11's without too much trouble.

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 94 runs high 11's to low 12's depending on the weather. I am an intermediate driver, the car has pulled near mid 11's with a good driver. The mods are moderate, with no stroker work done.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake- Everyone is very helpfull here. Welcome to the Viper Club. Many of the Gen II guys started with Gen I cars. So, plenty of info. available.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The very first run at the track with my previous Viper (a 94) was a 12.45 @ 112 mph.
The next run was a 12.30 @ 112 mph with a 1.75 60 ft time.
The only mods the car had were K&N air filters, smooth tubes and theh stock mufflers were replaced with glasspacks.
It had Michelin Mxx3's tires set at 22psi.

Low 12's are attainable as long as you can launch the car properly. If you're not sure about the proper way to do everything at the dragstrip, buy the BTR Viper video on "How To Drag Race Your Viper". Lots of great info on it.
smile.gif

BTR Viper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS