1996 GTS is classifieds 99,800 miles is 33,000 dollars a good price?

papabear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been shopping around for quite some time. I rarely ever see Vipers with this kind of mileage. Is 33K a good price for a GTS withthis kind of mileage? Just looking for some opinions. Thanks for your time.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chuck, you should go get a new 2002 ACR FE, and then sell it to me for the same formula after you drive it for a year.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, aren't " low mile " 1996s going for like mid 40s ro something? If so, that's like 60k - 80k less for only like 10g more ( if not a little less ).

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
P

papabear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well no it is not April fools day. And all the voices in my head say I am not crazy. Just trying to get a handle on price ranges. I have been watching these cars for awhile on several places and price/miles/year seems to be all over the place. I would like to have a GTS and I thought this may be a good entry car. Since milage is not that big of a concern for me I don't need a super low mile car. I thank everyone for there replys so far.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chuck, you should go get a new 2002 ACR FE, and then sell it to me for the same formula after you drive it for a year.

I have different formulas for different Vipers. My 97 GTS is $2 for every mile on the odometer. Twice as much as the RT/10 because track miles are twice as much fun. Dunno how I would price a 02 ACR FE. :)

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It IS just a car! With the premiums they pull with low miles, one with 100k on the clock would be very hard to sell if it wasn't reeeeeal cheap! I'm in the business, and my guess would be low 20's. Granted, Kelley may be an idiot, but KBB says $24k for good condition, private party value.

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say low 30's would be good. The car can have high mileage but at the same time the car could be in better condition then one with half the miles.
If the guy has records and took care of it go for it...and it has high miles so who cares about adding more. Just drive it.My 02...

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice year, extreme mileage. Consider this....keep it 3 or 4 years....now try to get a reasonable ROI (return on investment for you public school grads) when you try to sell and IMO, you will take the beating for this seller's enjoyment. Lots of nice "low mile" viper rides at decent prices....be patient. :rolleyes:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sold my 94 rt-10 on ebay with 109,000 miles for 25k.A 96 gts has to be close to the 30 number.
Hell,if you dont buy it,give me the info.I would be interested at 28-29.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carrot said...
"It IS just a car! With the premiums they pull with low miles, one with 100k on the clock would be very hard to sell if it wasn't reeeeeal cheap! I'm in the business, and my guess would be low 20's. Granted, Kelley may be an idiot, but KBB says $24k for good condition, private party value."

Listen to the guy, he does this for a living.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960