1996 GTS - OIL LEAK - HELP

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have replaced the tube between the valve covers, cleaned off the mess created by that problem but still noticed a few oil spots on the floor on the drivers side of the engine.

Changed the oil right before Thankgiving - drove 700 comfortable miles Friday and Saturday and now I have quite a few oil spots on the floor and "leaked" about a quart on the trip.

Have put the car up in the air but am not having any luck at spotting where this oil is coming from.

Would appreciate any ideas as to specific items to look at, other than the filter - not the problem - most of the oil still seems to be on the drivers side of the motor.

Thank you for any suggestions
Gavin

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mines early '97 GTS, I have a similar leak I can't sort out either, seems to be a bit more than just rocker-cover oil puke. But, the rocker-cover oil puke is masking it me thinks?

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had mine in for a rear main seal, 96s have an early design that's brittle and the oil pressure sensor, passenger side by front motor mount, needed some sealer around threads.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even after replacing the valve cover breathers, you probably need to tie wrap the connections tightly. It helped my 96 gts lots! Don't forget the tube to the airbox. Also- as was said- PCV valve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4