1997 B/W GTS

xcesshp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to the site and jut purchased a B/W GTS 1997 with 18K.
It has muffler delete, K&N, and straight tubes. The car came with a Brand New
pair of Michelen XGT P335/35ZR17 tires. I am going to sell them and put 19" wheels on. Any suggestions on how much these are worth, and what is the choice of wheels and tires. Also I am thinking about upgrading the exhaust. Any suggestions, and any noticible HP gain? Thanks

OP
OP
X

xcesshp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, these Michelens were extras and have never been mounted.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice choice on your car! 97 B/W is the fastest you know... :2tu:
;)

Not sure about the tires for worth. Check tire rack.

As for exhaust, most run one of the following: C ;) orsa, Bellenger, B&B, or Borla/mopar. HP gain is usually around 15-20HP at the wheels for cat back and hi-flo cats (Roe or Randon technology). As to which exhaust that depends on your taste. Go to a meeting to listen to each.

Good luck and welcome!

OP
OP
X

xcesshp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize these are old style, but I thought a collector might be intrested in them. I am still not sure their worth. All help is appreciated.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the forum and dont let anyone tell you that there is a better looking Viper color than Blue and White. In 20 years, its the only color people will remember. :2tu:

The XGTs are crap in the rain and nowhere near as good as the Pilots in the dry. Even though they are not used, they havent been manufactured for over 8 years and are not road worthy. I cant imagine anyone would be willing to pay much for them. Good move to dump them and get new rims/tires. Of course you could always use the XGTs as fun "burn out" tires.

Purner CCW and SRT rims look great on GTS's, especially when lowered. If I was getting rims, it would be a tough choice, but Id probably lean toward the Purner CCW's.

Im also going to be in the market for an exhaust soon. Follow the previous advice, go to local Viper events, and listen to different exhausts. Also find out if those cars have aftermarket cats or headers, as this will alter the tone. The Mopar (Borla) exhaust is a little louder than the Corsa, plus it has cool Sneaky Pete logos on the exhuast tips.

OP
OP
X

xcesshp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Its a pleasure being a fellow Viper owner. Everyone is great.