1998 gts in Roswell Georgia at Palmer Dodge

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Red with 11,000 miles. Does anybody know anything about this car?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If its the one i'm thinking about, i saw it a few weeks ago and the car will have to be totally repainted. It has bubbling paint all over the car. The GM said it was from them being outside all the time and the drastic temperature changes had made the paint on it and 1 other Viper bubble. The other Viper was bad, but only in a few places. The Red GTS looked horrible. He told me he can get warranty to cover the repaint, but you better check to be sure. Being a red car, I'd request the whole car be repainted b/c touching up a red car always seems to give you 2 shades of red.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my RT/10 from Palmer and would not suggest you use their paint shop!

The car 'looked' perfect...after I drove it a few times I did what every Viper owner has done and scraped the front facia-not badly just a minor driveway scuff. The next time I cleaned her up I noticed the paint was flaking off the bottom of the facia (looks like sh*t) :( :(

I took it to a psint shop and they told me it had been painted but whoever did it did not use the correct paint or procedures so the first time it flexed all the paint started falling off.

I have also heard some horror stories about their service department.

JMHO

Bill

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warranty to cover a repaint on a '98?
Get that in writing... :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my RT/10 from Palmer and would not suggest you use their paint shop!

The car 'looked' perfect...after I drove it a few times I did what every Viper owner has done and scraped the front facia-not badly just a minor driveway scuff. The next time I cleaned her up I noticed the paint was flaking off the bottom of the facia (looks like sh*t) :( :(

I took it to a psint shop and they told me it had been painted but whoever did it did not use the correct paint or procedures so the first time it flexed all the paint started falling off.

I have also heard some horror stories about their service department.

JMHO

Bill

While I was there this guy was in the back repainting the bumper on a Black GTS w/a Hennesssey wing. Not sure if its the same guy who repainted your bumper, but anyone looking at that black GTS may want to be careful as well I guess. This guy was a mobile painter and not actually an employee of Palmer. I spoke to him about some scratches on my car (after getting a rave review on him from the GM) but I never had him do the touchup, so I cant vouch for his work.

tmr4479

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you need touch up work, or body work for that matter, you should call autoglo, they do great work, also lambo and lotus certified, top notch body shop 770-432-4440

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
almost bought a bumble bee from Palmer about 1.5 years ago. Car was painted all over the place. I passed... A Viper with Paintwork.. Take 10% off what the identical car w/o paintwork is worth. Big hit in value to these cars.. Pay more for the "right" car..

tmr4479

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah autoglo can do whatever you want, Never let palmer paint anything for you, they actually use nalley collision center, they ****!!!! your wheels might fall off or something after its been there. Call josh, he runs the shop for autoglo. Really nice guy and will always go the extra mile for a customer. I just spoke with him and he also said he will give A VCA discount. So if you need some paint work call josh at 770-616-5152, thats his cell so dont call real late.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah autoglo can do whatever you want, Never let palmer paint anything for you, they actually use nalley collision center, they ****!!!! your wheels might fall off or something after its been there. Call josh, he runs the shop for autoglo. Really nice guy and will always go the extra mile for a customer. I just spoke with him and he also said he will give A VCA discount. So if you need some paint work call josh at 770-616-5152, thats his cell so dont call real late.

Thanks from me as well. I'll give him a call as soon as I'm ready to have my scratches taken care of.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped at Palmer Dodge last night around 10:30PM and there wasn't a red Viper in sight. They had a grey ACR, Black yellow sapphire blue and yellow RT/10's and silver and white SRT-10 verts, but no red GTS