1998 to 2000 Door latch conversion?

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone here know if you can convert the 1998 interior door latches to 1999/2000 + door latches? If so, where can I buy them besides a dealer? I was looking at the difference and I would love to change mine over to the newer Gen II style as I really don't like the 1996/97/98 latches. Here are some pics of what I am talking about:

1996/97/98 Style
You must be registered for see images

1999/2000 + Style
You must be registered for see images

Note: I have used some pics that Bernie has on his site as reference. Just giving him credit for the pics. Sorry Bernie, I normally don't use other peoples pictures but I couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere else. Just another reason why you are the best.. :)

OP
OP
C

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hear it's good for 12rwhp. 24rwhp if you do both sides.

Totally.. Once I get those trim rings as well, then I will be running at least 50hp more right? Then the SSR wheels.. I can't imagine what I will be running then. :)

I guess I should take off my SVS Stage one now since I won't need it anymore.. hehe

Tomas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Åland Islands (Baltic Sea Hawaii), FINLAND
Hi all guys.

I bought a used set of 2000 door latches for my -96 GTS from Paul Scharf last summer but I still havent install them. Can someone with a -99 or -00 car take a picture when they have the door panels off so I can see how big hole I need to do.

5824-00door_release.jpg

One other question, my avatarpic are gone? Who will take care of that?

rgds

Tomas

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang