1bad gts - What happened in Englishtown this weekend ???

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
Joe I've been looking forward to see how Dan ran in his supercharged Levin Car what were his times?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, come to think of it, Dan didn't attend.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe I would be interested in doing a magazine thing if I can make the dates, kids are getting out of school and have a few things planned but I would try to make a date if there is one.Dan I would of come if you guys would of done your friday deal but saturday was ford carlisle and I like fords also. By the way they had the new GT40 there also, which I had seen in detroit but this time they drove it in and I had never heard it run, all I can say is unreal, it sounded better than my 12.5 to 1 427 engine in my cobra.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm,

I heard that one of our customers BTR Prepped car won its class(unlimited) and bested 1bad on a no spray request from 1bad himself.

I just wish that I could have been there to see it. Anyone have video clips??

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

P.S. I also heard that the weather was very hot and humid which was effecting the times and that 60' times were not very good for most modified cars either.

OP
OP
B

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad gts,

What mods do you have on your car?

I thought I read somewhere that you had a "Stroker Motor".

Have you ever ran your car with ET Streets and Skinnies? If so, how did you do?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
Hi Bls.The engine has been bored (20 over )for approx 5 extra cubics inch but is not a stroker(bone stock crank )I run Crower Rods, Ross Pistons,Mopar Street Strip Heads,Crower Cam and Valvetrain all work done by Modern Performance.The car makes over 570 to the tires on 93 gas.(As soon as i get some money together Modern will add a custom tuned DFI whick will IMPROVE power and driveability (i run a BIG CAM )the car (good weather )is capable of low 11s in the 130 mph range.The slick issue has come up before .I WILL NOT run them because of the cost factor involved when something breaks.Everyboby i have seen running slicks on a big power Viper has sooner or later broken one or all of the following half shafts,rear end ,transmission..Basically it is Russian Roulette you may make 5-6 passes on a particular day and everything is fine.On that seventh pass come out a little to hard and there goes a halfshaft.(Upgrade the half shafts and the rear end and or tranny goes )DC never intended the DRIVELINE on these cars to stand up to consistant 1.4-1.5 sixty foot times that are generated from the slicks.When you factor in the broken parts ,tow (from the track )and cost of the wheels ,tires ,drag race shocks it is not worth it to me at least.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting...

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are your 60' times when running the low 11's and your 60' times this past weekend? Have you ever thought about drag radials or something similiar like kuhmos? I know they are not as bad on half shafts as slicks. I interested in what you have to say and value your opinion.
Thanks Todd

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe-

I'd be interested to know why you don't just use Heavy Duty Half Shafts? I've added that to my new list of mods. I thought it was a sound decision.
confused.gif

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 bad I wish you would get away from the "I'll break something" paranoia. If I made that much power I'd have to see want it's capable of at least once. As for breaking, that's a risk you take pushing anything to the limit. Could be a valve at RPM, not just driveline. I've run 1.45 sixties in my stock motor GTS and gone 11.05. I've twisted three half shafts in four years, 70 runs. Never hurt a trans or rear. Half Shafts are a fuse, you just replace them every so often. Hey, You don't have to do a 1.45 sixty, drive it out, get a 1.60 sixty and smack it. That way you don't have to have a professional driver or worry about tires breaking loose in the first two gears. Let it fly man. See what that thing will do before you wear it out.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have to agree with Joe, if your car is a street car that is, because I also have a decent amount of hp and I have twisted u joints myself and that is leaving easy 1.57 short on et streets with less than 20 passes. If you want to guess what you think your car will run with tires, but you really don't want to go to the hassle of tires and such I think it is realistic to figure 1.5 60's and if you are running say 1.8's I think you can deduct you would pick up a half second with tires.Usually on a fast car it picks up double the et on the long end of what it picks up on 60'.Realistically if your not running for money or match racing what difference does it make?
I have raced alot over the years and the faster my cars went the more they broke,and slicks may only break a few half shafts but it loosens up the whole car and thats a fact.Slicks if you make enough passes will turn a nice tight street car into a race rag and thats not debateable its fact and I have done it to a few of my own cars in the past so I know first hand.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pauls:
1 bad I wish you would get away from the "I'll break something" paranoia. If I made that much power I'd have to see want it's capable of at least once. As for breaking, that's a risk you take pushing anything to the limit. Could be a valve at RPM, not just driveline. I've run 1.45 sixties in my stock motor GTS and gone 11.05. I've twisted three half shafts in four years, 70 runs. Never hurt a trans or rear. Half Shafts are a fuse, you just replace them every so often. Hey, You don't have to do a 1.45 sixty, drive it out, get a 1.60 sixty and smack it. That way you don't have to have a professional driver or worry about tires breaking loose in the first two gears. Let it fly man. See what that thing will do before you wear it out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW !!!!!!!! NICE JOB pauls. You did 11.05 stock motor GTS WOW! So just the tires are not stock or they are also. What do you attribute your fast times to?

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, you got a great driver, I'm sure he would love to get it hooked and let her fly!!

Bye the way anyone. I have a nice set of skinnies and slicks on Purner wheels. Dave Cueni ask me to sell. He turned his car in at the end of the lease. $1299.00 Like new.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11.05 was stock motor. Car has HMS headers, 3.55 gear, HD Shafts, B&M shifter, plus M/T dots and skinnies. All this ET is made in the first 60ft. Dave Cueni has (had)an all stock GTS No headers, stock exhaust, stock shafts. He ran 11.50 at the Viper Nationals last year just by bolting on slicks!! Our cars have that potential right out of the box. But as Joe says it comes a potential cost in some hurt parts. I wouldn't run slicks without HD shafts. But remember, you don't have to leave like John Force. Use the slicks to eliminate any wheel spin and ease it out and drive it hard. Any stock Viper should go 11.80 like this.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Joe,
Please read the <FONT COLOR="red">RED</FONT c> writing at the top of the page when you post. You look like such an immature child when you use profanity....but at least it gives me enough reason to edit your messages....to the point of nothing.

I've heard enough people who say you don't know you come across so badly when you write...that you aren't such a bad guy. Too bad you have made LIARS out of each and every one of them! Ok...I have ONLY heard it from Joe Houss.

Get a grip! Give Evan a call and ask him to drive your car for you so you can relax!

And if you EVER wonder who edited YOUR post.....pick ME!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shake.gif
nosmiley.gif
eek.gif

Reaction score
Well, it is official. Home page of the viper club has the drag racing information for Sept 25th, and trophys will be given out during VOI. Hope to see all you fast guys there. Its free to VCA members so money is not an issue. Hope all they guys in the 10, 11, and 12 sec club join in the fun.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
Well, it is official. Home page of the viper club has the drag racing information for Sept 25th, and trophys will be given out during VOI. Hope to see all you fast guys there. Its free to VCA members so money is not an issue. Hope all they guys in the 10, 11, and 12 sec club join in the fun.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're funny!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Now when are we goin to lay down a REAL #.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pauls:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I reading that right? I must've missed it. Are you saying that you've gotten an 11.0 out of a STOCK Viper? I thought the record was held by Mike Brunton and or Evan Smith with an 11.6 & 11.7 for the latter??
confused.gif
Are you serious?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21