2 Ebay products I just bought

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I made 2 ebay purchases this week. Xenon fogs, I paid 0.01cents US, and a chrome, viper GTS license plate frame, I paid $6.00. I just got the plate frame today, and I can't believe the quality, it's heavy(not cheap and flimsy), chromed metal with the logo, and viper gts etched in. I have seen these things for $75.00. Anyway, I wasn't expecting much, but I am pleasantly suprised. I'll let you know how the fogs work out, not too worried about it for a penny.

Chrome license plate frame:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8020062359&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Xenon Fog lights:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8020538682&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
goodluck with the duo. they grab you with the shipping huh. think you paid .99 but really closer to 8-10 dollars. i bought the same license plate for my lexus a year ago at a car show off a vendor for the same amount so that was no deal. it looked nice for a short while then pitted up and now in the trashcan. but my lexus is not kept indoors like your viper is so i bet it would last longer. also i have seen thee bulbs sell for cheap at pepboys ... look at the envelope to see what the guy actually paid himself to ship you this item. my guess is it has a .60 cent stamp on it and he is collecting how much 6-7 for handling. nice racket huh. look like you said it was a dumb amount of money. "what can we expect from a creampuff owner eh". me being the flakie i am opted for the pricey but sweet mgw billet piece.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
goodluck with the duo. they grab you with the shipping huh. think you paid .99 but really closer to 8-10 dollars. i bought the same license plate for my lexus a year ago at a car show off a vendor for the same amount so that was no deal. it looked nice for a short while then pitted up and now in the trashcan. but my lexus is not kept indoors like your viper is so i bet it would last longer. also i have seen thee bulbs sell for cheap at pepboys ... look at the envelope to see what the guy actually paid himself to ship you this item. my guess is it has a .60 cent stamp on it and he is collecting how much 6-7 for handling. nice racket huh. look like you said it was a dumb amount of money. "what can we expect from a creampuff owner eh". me being the flakie i am opted for the pricey but sweet mgw billet piece.

:smirk: 1cent for the bulbs, $6 total for shipping, so the 2 items cost me 12 bucks. Creampuffs have to be tight with there dough eh, we are saving for those ultra expensive, forged, super pistons! So, yours pitted up and flaked apart, we are talking about your plate frame right? :p

PS: I love mgw stuff, I have everything they offer except the plate frame and the side sills.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The lettering on your frame is actually a sticker. It looks etched, but it's not. I had one.

Upon closer examination you are right, it's amazing how much that looks like it is etched. Anyway, the thing seems pretty solid, how did yours hold up?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only had it on the car for a couple of months. The lettering started to peel, but for $10, it wasn't a bad deal.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shipping is where Ebay sellers rip you off. If you're getting a great deal on an item (like foglights for .01, i can understand it. It just keeps their Ebay fees down while still selling to you at a fair price b/c they pocket the s&h overcharges). I get mad when they are selling the product at full price and then ripping you a new one on shipping. I will not buy from a seller who, for example, wants $8 s&h for a $2 Matchbox car. I'd rather take my chances of finding it at a toy store.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have you installed that frame? I bought one from a different seller which looks exactly like yours and it did not fit my 02 GTS. Frame was too wide. PayPal forced the seller to take it back.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have you installed that frame? I bought one from a different seller which looks exactly like yours and it did not fit my 02 GTS. Frame was too wide. PayPal forced the seller to take it back.

Interesting, I'll let you know tomorrow.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If thats the case, I think I'd switch to FedEx or the USPS. I use the USPS for smaller items and FedEX for bigger things. I used FedEX to ship a set of wheels (to a residence) before and they were cheaper than UPS and had no problem with the shipping. I've also received a set of wheels and tires from FedEX and was also impressed with them that time as well. I've had probs with UPS in the past when shipping oversized items

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The person who sold me the exact same plate which did not fit would not return any emails so I contested the purchase through paypal. I wanted to send it back since I really don't have another car I would put it on. Plus I got aggravated the seller would not return any emails. Cost me $1.25 to ship back and I got back the purchase price plus original shipping returned. Nice feature with Paypal. Of course only took two months to resolve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang