2000 Puff + Hennessey Headers & Exhaust = ?

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sir,

If you can buy it cheap enough, get it, otherwise Id get what you feel has a sound that meets your requirements. You are right that the creampuffs dont take well to exhaust mods. We have installed headers and exhuast on creampuffs only to see 30 rwhp gains(3 hp better than CDI with Corsa 3" catback), then removed the system and reinstalled it on a 97 Viper and gained 55 RWHP. Its not the product in our case, its the car-computer-cam.

Keep in mind though, that as you build more power into your combination, your exhaust system could become the restriction to further gains. We have produced over 950 RW Torque with our exhaust, and most recently two Levin Motorsports Level 3 vipers are now using BTR-Belanger headers and exhaust.

Take care and good luck with your search.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

"BTR Performance, Where Value and the Dollar come together"

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the cream puff thing is a bit over worked. If you go to my dyno page I have many cars listed including a 2001 & 2000 with Belanger headers and exhaust they both made 438 rwhp. Then if you look at the 98-96 with the same setup they range from about 435-450 rwhp. The only Hennessey that is listed is a 1996 with only 425 rwhp. Of course knowing what the before and after numbers are is the most important thing, but at least this gives you and idea what can be expected.

Buy headers for HP

Buy cat-back for sound

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryan,
call Prashant about Gerald's yellow 2001 RT.
He has that setup basically and dynoed 450 RWHP.
Typically, bone stock 2001 (that I have seen) have
been dynoing at about 400-405 RWHP. I think Gerald
has an aluminum flywheel and hiflow cats also.
Not bad. He can give you details.