2001 ACR shock nut and bolt specification

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does any one know what the specification is for the nuts and bolts are on a 2001 ACR (Dynamics shocks)

I am trying to mount up the shocks to a 1997 GTS.

I have the spacers but now I need the snaller nut and bolts to mount the shocks to the frame of the car. (the GTS has a larger diameter bolt)

The more info the the better. length, diameter, grade....

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The length of the bolt not including the head is 3.5 inches.Bolt Dia is 7/16. Do you have the correct cones that fit between the shock and the mounting point?If not let me know I have 2 sets

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The length of the bolt not including the head is 3.5 inches.Bolt Dia is 7/16. Do you have the correct cones that fit between the shock and the mounting point?If not let me know I have 2 sets

Tom:

For information sake, I have a 97 and just measured the the top shock bolt, it is .542 diameter. Does the play (.100) in this conversion create a problem.

OP
OP
N

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are talking about the difference between the standard bolt and the narrower ACR bolt; The difference in diameter is taken up by a lip on the spacer cones that fit between the frame mount and the ACR shock. I had the same concern until I looked closely at the spacer.

Presently the other concern is it appears the lower shock mount on the front "A" arm needs to be rotated 180 degrees in order for the front shock to fit with the "small bottle" facing out. Then the next challenge will be determining what the proper torque setting is for all of the fasteners.