2001 CREAMPUFF BTR 650 "PLUS" lays the cut straight on the dyno tonite....Check it!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 CREAMPUFF BTR 650 \"PLUS\" lays the cut straight on the dyno tonite....Check it!

One of our customers Mr. Byron Stewart has recently modded his 2001 GTS viper with our BTR 650 SS PLUS package. Here are his dyno pull results from earlier tonite:
590 RWHP and 906 RWTQ.................Yep!! 906 RWTQ!

Thats 694 BHP and 1066 Flywheel Torque! His car has our BTR 650 Package and our new NGP Nitrous system. His A/F averaged 11.0.

Dyno sheets will be posted shortly......we would like to thank Mike Norris of Norris Motorsports, a well known and respected Corvette tuner for the use of his dyno and after hours time. His dyno is a Dynojet 248C. Correction factor was 1.01. We have dynoed several Vipers at this facility and find this dyno to be accurate and consistant.

His car has stock cam, heads and stock CAST pistons. We will be upgrading his car to our 750 PLUS package over the next few weeks but he will be running it tomorrow nite(weather permitting) at Orlando Speedworld and earning his right of passage into the Whoop Asp Race Team.

Some might say "its just a set of headers and a nitrous system". I say "it will be the first CREAMPUFF viper with stock internals in the 10's, and its all about a well thought out, correct combination of components that equals Total Horsepower" without devistating the wallet of the consumer and ruining the resale value of a stock configured collectable sportscar like the Viper.(bolt-ons UNBOLT) These systems are a combination of time tested components and state of the art technology.

Thanks to Larry for all your help on this car.

See you at the track tomorrow!

Tom Http://btrviper.com

"BTR Performance, Where Value and the Dollar come together"

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2001 CREAMPUFF BTR 650 \"PLUS\" lays the cut straight on the dyno tonite....Check it!

Great job Tom, those numbers are insane! I think you're wrong though on the idea of not hurting the resale. Do you really think someone will pay the same price for a stock configured collectible sports car that has had 100 nitrous runs compared to one that has stayed stock?dj

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2001 CREAMPUFF BTR 650 \"PLUS\" lays the cut straight on the dyno tonite....Check it!

David,

Yes, insane is a good analogy. When was the last time you bought a used item and was absolutely sure of its history? I can remove a nitrous system from a vehicle and defy you to know that it was ever installed.

Nice thought though. Question for you. A few Big tuna's are having financial and customer service problems. What do you think the value of some of these high dollar tuna cars is going to do? You can't unbolt crankshafts, add back those cylinder bores, and return those cars to stock. (answer: pennies on the dollar if not less). Id rather sell a car that hauls asp with bolt on goodies, then try and peddle a vehicle with upgrades from troubled and/or out of business vendors. Especially when you are netting less power for as much as 10 times the expense.

Just my $ .02.

Anyways, those dyno numbers are STRONG. Congrats again, Byron.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom,

We do not always see eye to eye on many things but I gotta hand it to you, no one else offers Vipers the bang for the buck that you do. And from what I see no one else dares to post their own dyno test numbers as freely as you do either. Keep up the good work.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't doubt that any evidence of previously having a nitrous system can be removed, I guess I like to think that most people would disclose that the car had nitrous. Knowing that, you are correct in saying that they should bring the same bank. I don't know anyone in their right mind that would pay the same price with knowing the history. I've got a couple of clients who bought cars used not knowing the cars had nitrous previously.They had no idea it was ever there! Buyer beware!!When you gonna' make a lap in that thing?dj

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

David,

Agreed. Another thing, I have always had nitrous on my viper and would never hesitate to disclose that fact, nor do I condone those who may. With only 14 of these red/yellow GTS combos on the planet and the fact that Im always testing and posting results of mods to this car, its a safe bet that anyone who may consider purchasing it in the future will have already known its history. I'd rather have it that way then test my brainstorms on customer cars.

Russ,

Thanks for the plug...............I hope that I haven't offended you in the past.................too much anyway!. Im pretty liberal and outspoken with the keyboard but at the same time, Im always ready to hit the dyno or the track to try our new items, and post them......good or bad. R&D does not always return positive results, but its the final result that counts for me, and we don't quit until we achieve our goals.

Im sure we would find each other pleasant company in person.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom, I wasn't suggesting that you do that. I'm just saying that there are people who do. I have respect for you without even knowing you! Looking at your site, it seems you've made a few laps down the track. I too am, was, whatever, a drag racer first. regards,dj....oh yeh, when the hell ya' gonna' run that ole' Dodge???